Guiding opportunity in Girdwood

Ascending_Path

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HaHa, what a fucking joke. 90 bucks to hike on the alyeska glacier. it is about the size of 2 football fields and has one crevass. the pics on the website that say it is alyeska glacier are not even close to it, the pics are actually of a climber on denali. plus you will have to dodge all the skiers and snowboarders for most of the summer that are up there for jump camp. on top of that, there is nowhere on the glacier that you cant go without running shoes. all i can say is cleaning floors with a tooth brush would be less of a boring summer.

"Groups meet twice daily at the base of the Alyeska Resort Tramway in beautiful Girdwood valley. After an introduction and brief trip explanation, we ride the Tram to the Glacier Express Lodge atop Mt.Alyeska. A gentle 40 minute hike leads us to glaciers' edge. Here, we will put on over-boots, a harness and "rope up" to walk out onto the glacier itself, examining features such as bergschrunds and crevasses up close! While on the glacier, we will discuss the unique geological features specific to glaciers. For example, moats, lateral, medial and terminal moraine, firn line, nunataks, etc. will all be explained.

Trips include interpretive glaciology discussions, a small guest to guide ratio (4:1), great views of the 7 glaciers in the Girdwood bowl, a round trip Tram ticket and over-boot rentals. Please bring sturdy footwear, water, a snack, your camera and appropriate clothing. "

Ok so it doesn't look like the best guiding job in the world, but hiking with gapers fosters valuable outdoor awareness and is much better than sitting behind a 'puter talking to you wankers.

COL._Von_Spanker said:

"Groups meet twice daily at the base of the Alyeska Resort Tramway in beautiful Girdwood valley. After an introduction and brief trip explanation, we ride the Tram to the Glacier Express Lodge atop Mt.Alyeska. A gentle 40 minute hike leads us to glaciers' edge. Here, we will put on over-boots, a harness and "rope up" to walk out onto the glacier itself, examining features such as bergschrunds and crevasses up close! While on the glacier, we will discuss the unique geological features specific to glaciers. For example, moats, lateral, medial and terminal moraine, firn line, nunataks, etc. will all be explained.

Trips include interpretive glaciology discussions, a small guest to guide ratio (4:1), great views of the 7 glaciers in the Girdwood bowl, a round trip Tram ticket and over-boot rentals. Please bring sturdy footwear, water, a snack, your camera and appropriate clothing. "

Ok so it doesn't look like the best guiding job in the world, but hiking with gapers fosters valuable outdoor awareness and is much better than sitting behind a 'puter talking to you wankers.

not for $6 an hr

not you groid.

the guide service.

they said i had interest in climbin some slog with them or some shit...i dont remember...i just took action like i would any spam that i get with a legit email. i fucking went off!!!

they said they got my shit from summitpost.com...funny thing is i have never posted there.