FIRST concert ever

Szyjakowski

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Billygoat said:

Jethro Tull in '74. I remember Bungle in the Jungle well! So much smoke in the air they had to open the top of the civic arena, one of the few times they ever did that! I was only ten at the time. I haven't been the same since.... mushsmile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Yeah, I was thinking this tour was my first concert. Was that when the bass player wore zebra stripes and had all his instruments striped to match? Fleetwood Mac opened, Bare Trees was the current album and the warbly voiced gauze covered one was not in the band. Other early shows range from the embarrassing (Gordon Lightfoot, too drunk to remember the words to anything) to the ludicrous (Uriah Heep, but the folks next to us shared some stupifying weed).

First Concert: The Who in Seattle. 1981? It was their "farewell" tour and The Clash opened for them. I think most were there to see The Clash.

Best Concert: "Yes" at the Woodinville Winery in 1998. I love that outdoor venue. I'm no groupie, but my wife and I had front row seats and backstage passes. After the concert we had beer/wine/snacks with Chris Squire, and Jon Anderson. Nice folks. Great music. "Alan Parsons Project" opened and sounded great too.

"The Yes Album" ....one of my 'top five' all time favorites CD's.

Off_White said:

Billygoat said:

Jethro Tull in '74. I remember Bungle in the Jungle well! So much smoke in the air they had to open the top of the civic arena, one of the few times they ever did that! I was only ten at the time. I haven't been the same since.... mushsmile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Yeah, I was thinking this tour was my first concert. Was that when the bass player wore zebra stripes and had all his instruments striped to match? Fleetwood Mac opened, Bare Trees was the current album and the warbly voiced gauze covered one was not in the band. Other early shows range from the embarrassing (Gordon Lightfoot, too drunk to remember the words to anything) to the ludicrous (Uriah Heep, but the folks next to us shared some stupifying weed).

I can't remeber too well as I was only ten years old (not After with Alvin Lee). Could have been early Fleetwood Mac. I do remember the lights coming on between bands and lots of frisbees being thrown around. Pretty wild scene for my eyes!

Fejas said:

Distel32 said:

First concert, Presidents of the United States of America, Bumbershoot 1994.

They're cool, in a wierd off the wall kinda way... but I really dig-em' grin.gif

When I toured with them it was a small tour, in large clubs and theatres, and we all traveled together. On larger tours this is not how it works. I got to stay in four star hotels and work a few hours a day getting the lighting together. It was pretty sweet! And the guys are swell too. Dave Dederer and I hit rock gyms across North America.

erik said:

sunny deal real estate.

green river community college.

first time i ever pounded a 22oz of beer too.

puked.

what a great nite!

I love SDRE. I hung out at the Monkey having beers with their drummer one time--we were both nursing broken hearts at the time.