FIRST concert ever

Szyjakowski

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was WASP, and Metal Church at the Roseland in Portland in '89 on the Headless Children Tour. Great show!!! the_finger.gif I was bummed though because Accept was also suppose to be playing, but that was right after Udo quit and cancelled the rest of their shows.

rockband.gifrockband.gif

If DFA recalls correctly, it was some random assortment of punk bands at the old Armory in Ashland, ca. 1989. The only band that wasn't totally unlistenable was the Detonators, who curried favor by throwing out a shitload of free merchandise. First mosh pit, too, complete with big fuckers with spikes on.

It was OK. rockband.gif

I saw the Dead once and decided that I was missing something...could be cuz I was a non-tripper.

Got a kick out of the bikers handling the 'no alcohol' at the door of the stadium. Guys big as buffalo, just pawing and smacking beers outa folks' hands.

scot'teryx said:

Depressed Mode - 1987

Shoreline Aphitheatre - Mountain View, CA

- I was at the Sweetwater show as well at the Moore, must have been at least 1997?

- Frat Happy at Jimmy'z was cool

sweetwater played at the moore many times, i know this was before 97 because i wrote a review for my HS newspaper, so it was like 94 methinks, but sweetwater fuckin rawked the dome back then

My first concert: Willy Nelson

My first moshpit: Floater, I usta mosh at their shows when they were still trying to make a cd...

The Cherry Popin' Daddies kick ass too... I usta love watchin' them play here in eugene before they got big... they still kick ass thuogh...

specialed said:

mattp said:

Mine was the Grateful Dead, Asleep at the Wheel, Commander Cody, and Ann Arbor's own Boogie Brothers. 1971.

OK that's cool. But other than that concerts suck thumbs_down.gif

wow, mattp I was like -4 years old

and yes concerts suck but the girls take their clothes off too and the live music is fun! thumbs_up.giffruit.gifrockband.gifthumbs_up.gifbigdrink.gif