Snowshoes VS Alpine Touring Boots

scot'teryx

I am happy to say that I have not worn snowshoes this whole 2003. But i have taken my skis on many trips that weren't worth the ski. Damn, I still have a pair of Kaylands I have not worn for 4 months that are brand new. I guess there is such a thing as "Turns all Year" huh?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

are you saying you have been snowshoeing with skis on your back or are you a snowboarder? if you are a skier there is no contest, keep the skis on your feet at all times and save the backache.

I think snowshoes suck pretty much all the time. learn to skin and get with the program and enjoy the freedom

Agreed. I've had an enjoyable day of skiing on the Fryingpan Glacier in early August, but all of the September trips I've made, and some of the October ones, pretty much were worth it only so I could put a checkmark on the calendar. Watch out for that tick list cause it will cause you to do silly things!!!

iain said:

JoshK said:

Yeah, snowshoes suck, and I ski when I can but there are still things that snowshoes do better.

yes they are better tools for burning calories and testing the breathability of jackets and stuff.

LOL. Yes, for the most part. THere have been a few scattered times, however, where I've wanted to go short distances through thick forests or up steeper terrain and haven't wanted to wear my touring boots. Approachs for ice climbs are a good example. If the snow is too deep to posthole, sometimes showshoes have worked better for me.