Drytooling at the gym?

David_Parker

I just spoke to my friend in Canmore and he said he's already climbed hydrophobia and the sorcerer this year! Fuckin' Canadians have it made! Even a 2nd class drive into the Ghost! Anyway, other than that he said he's been getting in shape by dry tooling at the rock gym. They use wood blocks and the ones on the overhanging section have holes drilled in them. So the question is, do any of the gyms around allow or have drytooling sections for ice climbers. By the way, they don't use their crampons! They use rock shoes. But I guess it's a great work out!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockies have been pretty warm and wet so far and most ice is just starting to come in again as the temp dropped a bit last 2 days:

Check forecast at http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/scripts/citygen.pl?client=ECCDN_e&city=WXA

Gyms are for happy spiders image5.jpg not dry tooling. Metal picks can scratch hand holds! Get some of those plastic picks Grivel makes cool.gif" border="0 or wrap your picks and mono points in duct tape.