Report: U.S. Finds Missiles with Chemical Weapons

MtnGoat

klenke said:

Let's see if I can sum up this thread:

Mtnchoad started by saying: "Blah blah blah, blah blah blah."

Iian responded with his own "Blah blah"

Off White then said, "Blah blah blah blah"

Trask then piped in as himself, no pretense.

Then, JGowans chimed in with "Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Sphinx, EternalX, and many others rapped at the door with a "blah" or two of their own.

before RobBob took over the reins with a "blah blah blah" of his own.

This spurred Dru to offer the Canadian perspective: "Blah blah blah"

To which j_b retorted "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

Captain Caveman had some fun too. I don't want to repeat it here because....ah, what the hey!, he said, of all things, "Blah blah blah blah blah"

Jim then crept up to and then leapt onto the soapbox and swiped the virtual mike to say, "blah blah blah and a blah blah blah"

After this it was:

Gowans: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Fence Sitter: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Gowans: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Fence Sitter: "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahh blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

Ad infinatum...until Allison said, "I hate Bush!"

Then AlpineK said "beer beer beer"

Then Klenke said, "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

The End? Probably not.

you forgot the snaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gif

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off_White said:

Oh, and to drag things back to the original topic here, the apparently non-existent smoking gun nerve gas missles, I think its time you own up and do what you wanted others to do MtnGoat. Here's your snack...

deadcrow.gif

Still a little premature on the crow-eating-thing, OW. Hell, the dust hasn't even settled yet. That cheif (German educated) Iraqi scientist they just took into custody is gonna sing like a ....crow. (Once we pay him $$$, oops, I meant euros! and give him immunity from war-crimes prosecution)

Hey, did you kill that poor bird? You don't want those ALF kooks knocking your door in!

Yah, I know Fairweather, jury is still out, but MtnGoat was so quick off the line with the missle news, and the eating crow idea was so appealling (well, in a sick kind of way) that I just couldn't resist. Its entirely possible I'll get my very own spoonful of the dead avian, its just one of those things that goes with having an opinion.

"Oh pish MtnGoat, your position is like saying if you oppose exploitive child labor don't wear sneakers. "

If the sneakers are made by child labor, then yes, I expect you to live up to your opposition without waiting for someone else to do it for you.

If your sneakers are made by child labor, and you oppose child labor, it's OK to buy them anyway? Someone who thinks child labor should be banned so they can't buy the sneakers made by child labor, doesn't need to bother not buying them on their own? Why is it it's OK not to take action on your own without waiting for someone else to do something about it?

Your feelings about your morality are more important than your actual actions in service of it?

If you're upset about other people using oil in ways you don't like, don't expect what your personal uses to go uncritiqued.

Edited by MtnGoat

MtnGoat, the issue isn't about how people use oil, but about how multinational corporations aquire it. This is not affectable on the absurd retail level policy development you advocate. You don't really believe in it anyway, otherwise your tack on Iraq would be different. Hey, you don't have to buy anything Iraqi, but I don't think its fair for whiners like you to deprive me of my choice to support the Baath party. Given that NO CREDIBLE THREAT has yet to be found with regards to Iraq, how can you deprive the Iraqi people to determine what government they will live under? If they didn't like Saddam Hussein, all they had to do was not buy it.

The child labor thing was just an analogy. It follows if you oppose child exploitation, it doesn't make you a hypocrite if you wear clothes and shoes. If you oppose invasion of other countries for control of oil, it doesn't make you a hypocrite to drive to the mountains.

Of course, this doesn't mean I endorse the "its all about oil" position. Taking control of the huge oil resource in Iraq is merely a side benefit, much like liberation. I'm of the "its all about empire" position and I think the developing posture towards Syria supports that concept.

It's not like you have to take the extreme on everything to make a point. If you used a car to get to the mountains once in awhile but did not use the car for day-to-day stuff like commuting, I think you stand on some moral ground to make the claim. I bet if everyone who could ride a bike to work everyday did, we would go a long way towards reducing our mideast dependence.

Barzan Hasan, like his brother Watban, was seen as a major catch because of the likelihood he could provide information on Saddam’s suspected weapons of mass destruction program, one of the major reasons the United States and Great Britain launched the war.

So far coalition forces have not found any certain evidence that those weapons still exist in Iraq.

THE LINK

ack you're reviving this thing? I maintain that chem weapons will be found but not in the quantity that would justify the past few weeks' events. finding any amount would violate sanctions, but if going against un mandates leads to this result, the united states would be a smoking crater

• 3 weeks later...

STILL WAITING FOR JUSTIFICATION FOR THE WAR!

WHERE ARE THOSE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRCTION?

IS BUSH USING THE US MILITARY TO HANDLE PERSONAL ISSUES?

PARTY LINE PEOPLE CRUSTY, FAIRWEATHER, MTNGOAT, GREG OR ANYONE....PLEASE ADDRESS MY CONCENS WITH THE FACTS THAT YOUR LEADER USED TO CONVINCE CONGRESS THAT HE WAS PROTECTING THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES AND ITS ALLIES FROM SADDAM AND HIS WMD WIELDING TERRORISTS!!

erik said:

STILL WAITING FOR JUSTIFICATION FOR THE WAR!

WHERE ARE THOSE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRCTION?

IS BUSH USING THE US MILITARY TO HANDLE PERSONAL ISSUES?

PARTY LINE PEOPLE CRUSTY, FAIRWEATHER, MTNGOAT, GREG OR ANYONE....PLEASE ADDRESS MY CONCENS WITH THE FACTS THAT YOUR LEADER USED TO CONVINCE CONGRESS THAT HE WAS PROTECTING THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES AND ITS ALLIES FROM SADDAM AND HIS WMD WIELDING TERRORISTS!!

Bush did the right thing for the wrong reason. He's crooked. But I'm glad the iraqi people and the whole mideast has been liberated from Saddm.

i was having this discussion w/someone last night. i think that bush et al. are hoping that we'll forget that the stated reason for being there was wmd and just be happy that we liberated the iraqis, false pretenses or not. but then again, i think that's what a lot of people figured was happening all along.