• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mcrjs

Shasta April 18-20 Anyone?

Heading to shasta on the 18th. Climb 19-20. I'm in Sacramento. Anyone want to join me for a little winter climbing??

don't know if you are familiar with the area, but there is a great climbers hotline forecasting avy, WINDS, and other conditions. If taking green butte ridge be sure to have a ropemate. Up above the ski bowl earlier this season, the ridge was not a ridge but rather a knife edged arete broken by pillars. High winds and the such, slab of snow broke on the windward side, sent me sliding, unable to self arrest to the bottom of the ski bowl. ICE. Beautiful mountain. Let me see what i can do as far as schedual goes. What route are you intending, Green Butte? Sargents ridge?? Avy gulch??/??

Just got back from working down there. Got in some yo-yo turns on the peak but wasn't too high. Seems like spring has sprung there.