Lamberson Butte.

wayne

Do people get into the unpopulus places in "out there" Oregon?

Tim shared about a few of them in his book

Anyone been to Lamberson?

Anyone done Turkey Monster?

Here is the BIG One! : anyone been to Opal Creek Wall?

It is Amazing........ grin.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've poked around at Lamberson (or is it Lambertson?). The stuff I got on was choss and uninspiring. I know there are some more solid stuff around there--suggestions?

There is a wall at Opal Creek? Got any beta? Thats a fabulously beautiful area I haven't explored in years.

Opal Wall is in Tims book , Page 141. He sums it up pretty well. It could be the best thing in w. Or!

Any climb Tim puts a star on in Lambo is so sweet! My fav is The bag of Tricks.

If my daughters moved back to Or., and my girlfriend would move there from Silverdale, I would be back in a heartbeat!

• 3 weeks later...

several of us went to lamberson in late summer and had a great time over 2 days. thumbs_up.gif much loose rock however - we watched a group near us let loose a monster slab which could have easily killed someone. thumbs_down.gifthey tried to justify it, but i felt it was irresponsible regardless. we saw so many possibilities and planned definitely to return. Quite a hump for a day trip however.

• 3 weeks later...

I think more people should do that “Steel and Stone” route on the Opal Creek wall. “Totally stellar” is right. The one time I went there I got stung by a coupla dozen bees on the approach and my left hand was like a swollen dead club all day long. That’s why we turned around just under the roof, or so I tell myself…

Just drive rd. #2209 into the Stack Creek drainage and look up. shocked.gif

• 2 months later...

Would you be WW? I just posted a question about Castle Crags as a rock route - hearing from Tim that you put that up.

Planning a first trip to Lamberson on 9/13. We'll focusing on the sub-5.10's & maybe TR'ing the upper whatsit wall on the far right - unless someone wants to come along a lead some of the harder classics. Tim says the HR crowd may have been doing some development up there.

- XC

• 1 year later...

Just went climbing at Lamberson this weekend. Great climbing, pretty much everything we were on was really solid and excellent (bag of tricks, sacrosanctamonium). I don't know about the sub 5.10s. Both of the above climbs are bolted through the 5.10 sections (still plenty of trad climbing involved though).