tatoosh weekend crowds?

snodger

After listening to friends gushing for years about how wonderful the tatoosh is, we're finally going! Since I'm self employed I always prefer to get out during the week to avoid crowds. The dilema is that that both my buddies assure me that A) there won't be a lot of people there on a weekend (based on their last excursion, 8 years ago!) and B) the area is big enough to disperse what ever crowds there are. So whats the scoop? Is it going to be like St. Helens in may? Since I'm going no matter what, I guess this is just a exercise if futility, maybe I don't really want to know before I get there...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Most folks heading into the Tatoosh ski the area immediately around Castle and Pinnacle peaks...but its usually not nearly as crowded as Paradise. If you get up there and there are crowds, consider traversing over towards Unicorn , and you'll probably have that peak all to yourself.

Sverdina and I climbed The Castle starting from Narada Falls about 7 weeks ago. At 9 in the morning, there were four cars in the parking lot. By the time we got back at around 4:30PM, there must have been 40 there at least. It was a zoo! Nice weather days bring 'em out of the wood, those touronites.

We saw probably 50 snowshoers/snowboarders/skiers on Tatoosh Ridge that day, but we were the only ones climbing The Castle.