Let's Avoid Certain Garbage

RobBob

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RobBob said:

It has nothing to do with gender, and everything to do with somebody that intends to incite uproar, rather than solve a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it has nothing to do with gender? so why the sexual abuse?

Whose sexual abuse? Not mine!! I give up on this subject. thumbs_down.gif You have fallen victim to an attention-actress, IMO. yellowsleep.gif

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said, it's too bad that we can't have a political discussion or any discussion in spray without having a bunch of sexual slurs and threats of violence in the place of "I disagree with that ignorant statement for these reasons ..."

An open-ended exhange of ideas uses much more of the potential for a BB such as this. Threats and slurs are sorta funny in a soap-opera/reality TV sorta way, but get pretty stale after the 3 continual months of the crap. wave.gif

chucK said:

That being said, it's too bad that we can't have a political discussion or any discussion in spray without having a bunch of sexual slurs and threats of violence in the place of "I disagree with that ignorant statement for these reasons ..."

An open-ended exhange of ideas uses much more of the potential for a BB such as this. Threats and slurs are sorta funny in a soap-opera/reality TV sorta way, but get pretty stale after the 3 continual months of the crap. wave.gif

CANT AGREE MORE!!!!!!!

thumbs_up.gif

bigdrink.gif

RobBob said:

Whose sexual abuse? Not mine!! I give up on this subject. thumbs_down.gif You have fallen victim to an attention-actress, IMO. yellowsleep.gif

well, it's grand of you to finally dissociate yourself from the abuse.

I am sure you know that justifying the abuse (or even cheering on the abuser for some) is only one step removed from performing the deed itself.

good posts Chuck thumbs_up.gif

chucK said:

Amen brutha! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Listen, lads, you can call me a drama queen or don't call me a drama queen, say I am part of the problem or not part of the problem, but what I am looking for is the ability to get into these discussions without having my sexual morals challenged or dragged through the mud. Maybe if this shit stops sometime there will be a few more women on this board too.

I know my posts come off as obnoxious sometimes. That is not an accident. When people carry on about this and that and there seems to be no thought behind their idea, I want to know how they got there.

Having said all of this, it has been suggested that I change my screen name to something gender-neutral. As much as I hate the idea of doing that, it may come down to it, because I am getting pretty tired of defending myself. thumbs_down.gif

Thanks to a few of you fellers who have stood up for me through this current round of spew. thumbs_up.gif

I know my posts come off as obnoxious sometimes. That is not an accident.

Suggestion: Do an experiment. Change your name, keep yr gender. Don't play drama queen or damsel-in-distress. I think that you'll find that you are treated as others are. bigdrink.gif

Hell I haven't read half of it either Christ.

...Hey, YOU are an example of what I'm trying to tell Allison. You are a woman, you make serious posts, you spray, you give and take your share of crap...and somehow seem survive it all. thumbs_up.gif Please give her some tips.

Rob,

With all due respect, Chris and I have very different personalities. I am not asking for ways to have a different personality. I am not asking for ways to conduct myself differently. If you knew me in person, and especially if we had ever talked politics, you would know that how I am on the board is a pretty logical extension of who I am in person. And trust me, I am not a whiner.

BULLSHIT

ALLISON SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CHARGE HER NAME.

MAYBE WE ALL SHOULD JUST BE A # INSTEAD OF HAVING SCREEN NAMES...I AM CALLING DIBS ON 69 AND 420!!!!!

I THINK PEOPLE WHOM I BELIEVE ARE MOSTLY ADULTS SHOULD CHILL THE FUCK OUT...AND APPLY THE GOLDEN RULE TO THEMSELVES....SEEMS EASY! DOESNT IT???

As the new girl who REALLY is moving to Seattle from Boston - I have to say I was "a bit" put off by the responses to my posting in the forum. I was looking for a little beta about climbing out there and read very little that related to climbing at all. Then again, many of you don't really believe I exist - so there is obviously a problem with some sort of abuse in here. . .

Then again, I have received some cool PM's and have found this site amusing.

To actually talk about climbing though - think I'd be better off elsewhere.

-B

Well I try to remain mostly neutral, like Switzerland...don't like political threads...they bore me...hate the war mainly because of the billions being spent that should be spent here at home, to save our airlines and schools and create jobs. That's prolly the biggest opinion you'll get out of me!

On a related note, DFA just got a couple pairs of shoes back from The Rubber Room, and those folks do such a damn nice job! Every time the Doctor sends off a pair of shoes, they come back looking better than the last pair. How do they do it, folks?

So send your next pair of resole-needin' shoes to the friendly folks down in Bishop!

erik said:

BULLSHIT

MAYBE WE ALL SHOULD JUST BE A # INSTEAD OF HAVING SCREEN NAMES...I AM CALLING DIBS ON 69 AND 420!!!!!

I THINK PEOPLE WHOM I BELIEVE ARE MOSTLY ADULTS SHOULD CHILL THE FUCK OUT...AND APPLY THE GOLDEN RULE TO THEMSELVES....SEEMS EASY! DOESNT IT???

thumbs_up.gif

Why not Erik? Charge her name to a round of beers... bigdrink.gif

I give up. Allison, I'm not telling you to change your personality. But obviously something in your delivery gets under some peoples' skin. On the other hand, maybe it doesn't. Whatever, I'm off to find something to laugh about. You bozos like j_b and your bluenosed lack of humor are enervating. fruit.gif