Let's Avoid Certain Garbage

RobBob

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with your request robobobobob

though the sad thing is that everyone will play nice for like 5 minutes and then resume normal levels of bullshit.

personal attacks no matter made by who for what reason and regardless of the intent will be erased and the poster will be banned.

nothing personal towards anyone or anything.

hate is about as useful as well shit it aint useful for anything.

erik said:

though the sad thing is that everyone will play nice for like 5 minutes and then resume normal levels of bullshit.

personal attacks no matter made by who for what reason and regardless of the intent will be erased and the poster will be banned.

I hate you, shit.

erik said:

erik rockband.gif

what do you mean by personal attacks? I think there is a big difference between someone reacting with angry words within the context of a thread and another using extraneous, vicious rumors to put another down (i.e. Allison aggressively discussing the identity of a poster and being called a whore in return - in the literal sense of the word). the exception to this may be that those who resort to such means leave themselves open to similar attacks (which clearly is not hte case with Allison).

In general, I am not for banning people who have something to contribute which is clearly the case with Ray (although we haven't seen much of that recently). I also think the disrespectful humor is a good thing as long as it does not turn into character assassination. I understand that mods may find it difficult to draw the line, and perhaps it is the users themselves that should 'enforce' what is OK.

j_b said:

what do you mean by personal attacks? I think there is a big difference between someone reacting with angry words within the context of a thread and another using extraneous, vicious rumors to put another down (i.e. Allison aggressively discussing the identity of a poster and being called a whore in return - in the literal sense of the word). the exception to this may be that those who resort to such means leave themselves open to similar attacks (which clearly is not hte case with Allison).

In general, I am not for banning people who have something to contribute which is clearly the case with Ray (although we haven't seen much of that recently). I also think the disrespectuous humor is a good thing as long as it does not turn into character assassination. I understand that mods may find it difficult to draw the line, and perhaps it is the users themselves that should 'enforce' what is OK.

hate

what are your moral and ethical standards? welp thats them!

It's a good question J_B. What I laid out for me (in the Arab Goods Boycott thread) is pretty easy to be objective about, the difference between insult and threat is clear. Erik's standard is both more rigorous and more nebulous, but I support him on that. Here's a good case of the difference between individual moderators. Caveman bashing Allison is a different thing than Trask slamming DFA. One is much more about hate and the other a consensual free-for-all, and deciding which is which is a subjective call made on the basis of personal knowledge of the participants. That situation is an easy call by Erik's standard, but how do we treat some of the stuff slung at you and Sexual Chocolate? I've found some of that stuff quite offensive, but I've never had a complaint from either of you. I know my more lienient standard is not acceptable to you, but it does constitute something I can enforce that is not based on my personal sense of outrage. That said, Erik gets my support. thumbs_up.gif

Off_White said:

It's a good question J_B. What I laid out for me (in the Arab Goods Boycott thread) is pretty easy to be objective about, the difference between insult and threat is clear. Erik's standard is both more rigorous and more nebulous, but I support him on that. Here's a good case of the difference between individual moderators. Caveman bashing Allison is a different thing than Trask slamming DFA. One is much more about hate and the other a consensual free-for-all, and deciding which is which is a subjective call made on the basis of personal knowledge of the participants. That situation is an easy call by Erik's standard, but how do we treat some of the stuff slung at you and Sexual Chocolate? I've found some of that stuff quite offensive, but I've never had a complaint from either of you. I know my more lienient standard is not acceptable to you, but it does constitute something I can enforce that is not based on my personal sense of outrage. That said, Erik gets my support. thumbs_up.gif

It's another of the "feelings police".

Take a shower you stink.

Off_White said:

Off White as usual rules smile.gif I think that the key here is complaint. If someone complains about what is said to or about them, than perhaps it warents some looking at by the modertaters. If not than how is the monderater suposed to know if someone is offended or not. there are examples where the mods just know... lest I bring of CPB and his sick child molestation joke rolleyes.gif but that is what i think... if some one has a problem with something than it should be looked at. My .02 wink.gif