living in squamish

miller

does anyone know what the rules, if any, are for US citizens wanting to live in BC for a short period of time? of course i would not be working there, just wondering if it would be legal to get a place and live there for the summer. ive done it in other countries, but in those situations i wasnt crossing the border all the time - im wondering if customs will give me a hard time crossing back and forth...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't be all that hard to do. I think that technically, you have somewhere up to three months to vacation in canada if you'd like. I'd just tell the canadians that you're heading up to squamish for a week of climbing, then when you are coming back to the states months later, tell 'em you were rock climbing for 2 months (I don't know if the canadians and americans share their information, somehow I doubt it, canada hates us) and you should be set.

dalius said:

It shouldn't be all that hard to do. I think that technically, you have somewhere up to three months to vacation in canada if you'd like. I'd just tell the canadians that you're heading up to squamish for a week of climbing, then when you are coming back to the states months later, tell 'em you were rock climbing for 2 months (I don't know if the canadians and americans share their information, somehow I doubt it, canada hates us) and you should be set.

we don't hate your money. you can stay up here for months and rent a house, no problem. we will make you wear a huge pink "I AM AN AMERICAN AND I SUCK EH" sticker but you shouldn't worry about that. its just a formality....

Szyjakowski said:

erik said:

you people are freaks

no french maid outfit. and no gold coins or horsecock

todd is a climbing aquitence.

sheesh....

must be spring break for kindegarten this week! yellaf.gif

cry.gifyelrotflmao.gifhahaha.gifyelrotflmao.gifrolleyes.gif

ouch! yelrotflmao.gif

no sweat erik. im pretty much as good as there - im just waiting to hear what my schedule is going to be like from the folks in bellingham. if its full, then it wont be worth it to pay rent in squamish - if its not, ill be there. thanks everyone for the tips - and again, if anyone knows exactly what the rules might be, please let me know. cheers.

miller said:

no sweat erik. im pretty much as good as there - im just waiting to hear what my schedule is going to be like from the folks in bellingham. if its full, then it wont be worth it to pay rent in squamish - if its not, ill be there. thanks everyone for the tips - and again, if anyone knows exactly what the rules might be, please let me know. cheers.

call the border patrol in Blaine...they are nice guys and gals and very willing to help us Americans Oout wave.gif

Szyjakowski said:

call the border patrol in Blaine...they are nice guys and gals and very willing to help us Americans Oout wave.gif

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahh!!!!!!

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Yeah, right! They'll probably jump at the chance to screw him. Good luck!

specialed said:

thelawgoddess said:

rbw1966 said:

erik said:

DO IT TODD AND GIVE ME YOUR ADDY!!!

I WILL WILLING TO CLEAN HOUSE AND COOK!!!!

Whilst wearing the french maid outfit?

please post pics ... naughty.gif

Please don't post pics!!!!

Please post pics of thelawgoddess wearing a french maid's outfit. fruit.gif