Witch's Tower

goatboy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've climbed Witches Tower, I don't remember which route though. We climbed it after finishing the Backbone on Dragontail. I don't really know what kind of beta you are looking for, from what I remember, we descended off of the back of Dragontail down into the basin below and then hiked over and up a fairly steep snowslope to the SW? buttress/ridge and then soloed maybe 4 pitches to the summit. It was like around 5.5 and the rock was excellent and the view really cool. No way I would hike in just to climb it, but it is a worthwhile to do after a route on Dragontail. I don't think it gets done often(at all) as there were no rap anchors or any signs of climbers, so bring some stuff to leave if you're gonna rap anywhere.

Jason, that's great beta, thanks very much.

Surprising that the mounties climb it and don't leave their "droppings" (i.e. rap slings) all over it!

When I climbed dragontail last year we hiked out right beneath the Witch's Tower and it looked like glorious rock, though a short route as people here have said . . .

I would not hike in there just to climb it, but hope to incorporate it into a larger 5 day trip thru the enchantments (along with Prusik, colchuck, maybe dragontail) rockband.gif

Thanks for the beta, folks -- anyone else?

S

there appears to be a really cool looing line on the north face!! chimmenies and shit.....dont snake it from me pleez!!!!

the climb will prolly take like an hour or so.....

main route goes up the se side i believe it is a ridge/ramp/arete terminating into the hill side....

you should not need crampons to access...