Gib Ledges beta?

Dustin_B

Anyone been up there recently (i.e. last couple weeks)? If the weather turns out nice this weekend we were thinking of giving it a go. IYHO, how much more technically difficult is this route over Ingraham Direct or DC? I've read/heard that it is steep(er) and (more) exposed; how long are these steep, exposed sections. I'm still a 'newbie' so I'm not looking to scare the shit out of myself, but I know people who have done this route with very little experience. What time of year do (most) people stop doing this route?

Mike G: comments?

Thanks for any beta.

--Dustin fruit.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been several years since I've been up the ledges, but I tend to think it is one of the best routes on the mountain. I also think that is is a better and faster route than the Ingraham.

The most popular time for the route is now through mid-late may, and it should be in pretty good shape right now, as long as the weather holds.

Have fun. rockband.gif

Duchess said:

read the thread called Gib Ledges TR 2/24-2/25.

Actually after looking at that thread I remember I have read it (and posted in it too). I was hoping for some more recent route conditions, that thread is 6 weeks old (I mentioned "couple weeks" in my original post!). Like with that warm spell we had last week, did the ledges get melted out much? Anyway, I talked to a friend who did it last year and got the technical info I was looking for. Thanks.

JoshK said:

Duchess said:

read the thread called Gib Ledges TR 2/24-2/25.

please, please tell me you're kidding about W in 2004.... mad.gif

Unfortunately he's not, I already asked him the same quesiton at one point. cry.gif

This may come as a shock to some of you in the PNW but W's approval ratings are pretty high right now (when you look at the country as a whole). Regardless of whether he wins WA and OR matters little. Am I joking? sort of, but all you anti-war protesting hippies make me sick. I'm not talking about anyone specifically (and not the poster of the question) but just the group as a whole.

Now, if I thread drift anymore on my own thread, we're going to have to put this in spray.

I'm not a hippie, nor am I war protestor. In fact, I fit into a largely republican demographic. I, however, realize that GWB is, like Iain says, the wrong man for the job. He's a bad president, and I don't care what the rest of the sheep in this country think. Most of the people in this country don't look much further than their own pocketbooks or what popular consensus says they should think. GWB is bad for the environment, civil rights, and many other things that I care about much more than Sadaam Hussein. Approval ratings swing like a sail in the wind. It's a joke how easily people change their mind one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...

I just called RMI today. They had a group up there and conditions are not too good..Alot of freash snow with more to come this weekend and moderate temps..Thus the exit off the ledges(40-50 degress) could send you for a ride..I was wanting to head up on monday, prob still couple weeks early..

joe_retard said:

Loser

One foot in foot of the otter, come on you morons, if a retard can summit a steep walk up route, anyone with determination and motivation may.

Joe

Whatever, Retard. Your attitude sucks. Go do the world a favor and go throw yourself in a crevasse. rolleyes.gif

darkstar said:

joe_retard said:

Loser

One foot in foot of the otter, come on you morons, if a retard can summit a steep walk up route, anyone with determination and motivation may.

Joe

Whatever, Retard. Your attitude sucks. Go do the world a favor and go throw yourself in a crevasse. rolleyes.gif

blush.gif

It's Mr Eintein to you scooter and I would appreciate a more thoughful and considerate response when adressing someone who is mentally challenged.

Everyone around here treats me as if I were part of their family except you. After all, how would you feel if you were stuck in a hospital for 2.5 years with a weirdo psychiatrist and no crevasses who won't authorize a day pass to climb with your favorite friends.

Jose