Kayak site

kakeandjelly

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kakeandjelly said:

You guys are truely worthless.

i gave you the link?? whats up with that????

some of my best friends are stellar boaters, i have gone plenty of times......i think it is toooooo dangerous.......

have fun!!!

I used to be a big fan of whitewater kayaking. These days the boats are stupid little potato things w/ zero volume and won't even track straight enough to do a decent river trip. It's all about tricks now. Funny how the Overflow is now considered a dinosaur. That was a good boat. So was the Dancer.

iain said:

I used to be a big fan of whitewater kayaking. These days the boats are stupid little potato things w/ zero volume and won't even track straight enough to do a decent river trip. It's all about tricks now. Funny how the Overflow is now considered a dinosaur. That was a good boat. So was the Dancer.

eddy wanking.

catbirdseat said:

Boat, a hole in the water into which you pour money.

just out of curiosity, how much money do you (plural) have invested in gear for climbing pursuits? Prolly not much less than your avg kayaker.

i know a couple people who take their kayaking pretty seriously. they think climbing is waaaaaaaaaay more dangerous than ww kayaking.

Be nice.

mtn_mouse said:

Out here we float the Snake with big rubber rafts. Where are you going to put your coolers, dutch ovens camping gear, and of course beer, in a tiny little kayak?

A raft is pretty much essential to have a good time on a multiday river trip. Nice to bring along the dutch oven, lawn chairs, cooler etc.

catbirdseat said:

Hey numbnuts, while I'm kickin' back in the bolster of my 32' Pantera this summer, admiring the three thong wearing hotties sunning themselves on the padded deck above my twin 502 Siamese block gas-guzzling, obnoxiously loud monster motors, I'll be sure to make a little toast to you. bigdrink.gif

trask said:

Hey numbnuts, while I'm kickin' back in the bolster of my 32' Pantera this summer, admiring the three thong wearing hotties sunning themselves on the padded deck above my twin 502 Siamese block gas-guzzling, obnoxiously loud monster motors, I'll be sure to make a little toast to you. bigdrink.gif

14' jonboat rolleyes.gif

trask said:

catbirdseat said:

People wouldn't spend that kind of money on their boats if they didn't get enjoyment from them laugh.gif. I'm a rag sailor myself. Racing sails cost an obscene amount of money.

catbirdseat said:

trask said:

catbirdseat said:

People wouldn't spend that kind of money on their boats if they didn't get enjoyment from them laugh.gif. I'm a rag sailor myself. Racing sails cost an obscene amount of money.

Duh!!! The most fun I get is firing the motors one at a time about 7:00 AM when it's real quiet, people are just waking up, and the water is like glass. The motors sit at idle and "lope and gurgle" through the dry exhaust. It pisses everybody off and I love it. When I nail them both you can just feel the neighbor women's hatred and the men's thumb's up. thumbs_up.gif

Actually, kayaking is a hell of a lot cheaper than climbing. The amount of gear needed is much smaller (boat, sprayskirt, paddle, drytop, wetsuit, neoprene gloves and booties, helmet, PFD, throw bag). You can get all of this for well under $1000, and keep paddling it all the way up to class V whitewater. Tent, sleeping bag, pack, goretex, boots, rock rack, ice rack, etc. amounts to many thousands of dollars. I'd like to see someone get into climbing for under $1000 and use only that gear to lead some of the routes we climb.

iain said:

You can't run a river with this:

s6x_3_4.jpg

That's like saying that you can't do a backpacking trip with plastic boots. You can if you really want to, but it won't be comfortable, and that's not what it's designed to do. I'll be the first to admit that kayak designs are getting outrageous, but more and more people are just interested in "park and play" boating, so that's the trend of the boats.

Ursa_Eagle said:

iain said:

You can't run a river with this:

s6x_3_4.jpg

That's like saying that you can't do a backpacking trip with plastic boots. You can if you really want to, but it won't be comfortable, and that's not what it's designed to do. I'll be the first to admit that kayak designs are getting outrageous, but more and more people are just interested in "park and play" boating, so that's the trend of the boats.

Sport boating? confused.gif