Which 4WD SUV?

RobBob

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

defenders werent built in the 70's were they? Didnt they start in the 90's? (not being a dick just curious). And your right my 69 cruiser will go a few places my 91 wont but it is still damn impressive and recently went places my friends 1999 wrangler could not. Gas is expensive but I ride my bike 5 days a week to work 16 miles each day. Ass rash cream costs me more!!

Oh and prior posts went off about safety......a 2002 audi got a 5 star rating for front driver and passenger, and side impact, and a 4 star for rear. A 2002 envoy got 5 star ratings for front impact and side also. A 2002 lexus got 4 and 5 star ratings all around. So......so what. I will stick to my guns, do what makes you happy. If you dont like someone elses opinion it is fine to let them know just dont be a f#*!%$ about it. Even the dull and ignorant have a story to tell. I am proud to say that I am a bit of both sometimes!

I think the just started calling their traditional military jeep the defender at some point, kindof like the tacoma came from the toyota 4x4. I think it's cool to own what you want if you commute to work by bike. I just hate to see people using that stuff for commuting exclusively. I passed a landrover with a snorkel kit driving to work the other day, driver in a 3 piece suit! obviously I don't know the full story but come on yellaf.gif

iain said:

I think the just started calling their traditional military jeep the defender at some point, kindof like the tacoma came from the toyota 4x4. I think it's cool to own what you want if you commute to work by bike. I just hate to see people using that stuff for commuting exclusively. I passed a landrover with a snorkel kit driving to work the other day, driver in a 3 piece suit! obviously I don't know the full story but come on yellaf.gif

gotcha thanks...

yeah that snorkle cracks me up! but if we ever have a tidal wave that yuppie will be laughing at us. In the mean time we can laugh at him. I would rather throw $600 in the street than get a snorkle, Shit... you could actually GO SNORKLING in Hawaii for that much. boxing_smiley.gif

I'm going to attempt to end this once and for all...

Some of us like cars, some of us like SUVs, some of us like both, and others hate both. Can we all just agree to hate on the posers who drive wasteful vehicles of any sort? C'mon we all hate posers right? It goes for cars too...I can't stand seeing yuppies driving porsches. Get a BMW if you want to be a yuppie poser, leave a 911 to somebody who can actually drive it. evils3d.gif

JoshK said:

I'm going to attempt to get the last word in on an argument that I am obviosly failing to win...

Some of us like cars, some of us like SUVs, some of us like both, and others hate both. Can we all just agree to hate on the posers who drive wasteful vehicles of any sort? C'mon we all hate posers right? It goes for cars too...I can't stand seeing yuppies driving porsches- I mean, how dare they drive an expensive car that I'm sure they worked their ass of to be able to afford. Why can't we just become a communist society, where we wouldn't be able to enjoy the fruit of our hard work? evils3d.gif

moon.gif

Charlie said:

JoshK said:

I'm going to attempt to get the last word in on an argument that I am obviosly failing to win...

Some of us like cars, some of us like SUVs, some of us like both, and others hate both. Can we all just agree to hate on the posers who drive wasteful vehicles of any sort? C'mon we all hate posers right? It goes for cars too...I can't stand seeing yuppies driving porsches- I mean, how dare they drive an expensive car that I'm sure they worked their ass of to be able to afford. Why can't we just become a communist society, where we wouldn't be able to enjoy the fruit of our hard work? evils3d.gif

moon.gif

Right dude...I haven't been trying to win any argument. We are arguing over opinions, to which any 5 year old realizes there is no "winning." So, BTW, you never supplied us with the name of your preffered ride.

JoshK said:

I'm going to attempt to end this once and for all...

Some of us like cars, some of us like SUVs, some of us like both, and others hate both. Can we all just agree to hate on the posers who drive wasteful vehicles of any sort? C'mon we all hate posers right? It goes for cars too...I can't stand seeing yuppies driving porsches. Get a BMW if you want to be a yuppie poser, leave a 911 to somebody who can actually drive it. evils3d.gif

right......... Nice work giving us all some closure on this world changing thread. That was a very PC way to end it without offending anyone. Hey some people are jewish, some are mormon and that is fine but we can all agree that the roman catholics suck right. (yeah I know that was sarcastic, sorry). And stop saying poser....no one says that anymore. it's kinda like "cowabunga dude", its just not acceptable anymore.

Didnt this start with some guy that wanted help buying a car? He got jipped! Or at least a good laugh. Well it has been fun.

Peace out hommies, see you on the slopes

PS the above is some sweet biling bling

K_Y_L_E said:

right......... Nice work giving us all some closure on this world changing thread. That was a very PC way to end it without offending anyone. Hey some people are jewish, some are mormon and that is fine but we can all agree that the roman catholics suck right. (yeah I know that was sarcastic, sorry). And stop saying poser....no one says that anymore. it's kinda like "cowabunga dude", its just not acceptable anymore.

Didnt this start with some guy that wanted help buying a car? He got jipped! Or at least a good laugh. Well it has been fun.

Peace out hommies, see you on the slopes

PS the above is some sweet biling bling

Whatever, poseur! the_finger.gif

Ursa_Eagle said:

dryad said:

Yes, the vehicle type does matter. The idiot had a false sense of invincibility because he was in a big 4WD SUV and believed that just because he had 4WD he could drive on ice like it's nothing. If the same idiot was in a normal car, he may have bothered to heed the warnings flashing on the highway and put chains on like everyone else. I'm not saying all SUV drivers are idiots. But an idiot and an SUV put together is an especially bad combination.

Back on the east coast, it was always the people in SUKs who would drive too fast, tailgate, and pass when it was snowing and icing out. They were also the ones that were spun out in the ditch. People think that 4WD = 4 wheel stop. If you don't improve the friction between the tire and the road, 4WD doesn't slow down any faster than 2WD. I have seen AWD give you better control, but still doesn't help you stop.

Nice going ladies, I rest my case.

The next time you need to borrow your friends truck to move or some nice country folk takes the time to stop his jeep to pull your car out of the ditch at the trailhead (which prolly wouldn't happen cause you drive a car and are perfect, right?), I'd like to think you will take a moment to pause and consider, "maybe there are some nice, smart and responsible people who drive trucks and SUVs". I know it's a long shot, but worth a try. Have a nice day. wink.gif

Just curious, why all the negativity about the 03' 4-runner? Yeah it may not look as cool as the older models but has the performance been compromised? I doubt it. I have a 94' with 150k and have loved it. I was gonna trade it in for an 03' but like many, don't love the body style. I think I'll wait to see what the 04' looks like. Any comments about the Sequoia?