Which 4WD SUV?

RobBob

BTW, BubRub, I think you'd having a hard time convincing fred beckie or a slew of other people that the only thing that holds it's appeal over time is driving a nice car or having money or whatever the hell you meant with that comment.

Sex, Joshk, I meant sex. While I don't personally know FB, I betcha he'd agree w/ me on that. snaf.gif

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boy, this thread has been enlightening on a number of fronts!

Of all the posts here, this one was my favorite (due to all the love expressed hahaha.gif), and Minxie thumbs_up.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JoshK said:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie said:

"It you have the macho-mobile to go pick up you're kids from school then you deserve to be humiliated with a sticker. I tagged ten shiny, never-seen-mud giants at REI this weekend."...give me a break. If you personally own a vehicle, or a pair of leather shoes for that matter, then SHUT THE FUCK UP. "I'm bad but you're worse " I drive an SUV because it has plenty of storage, 4 wheel drive for the snow, is safer (for me and the people in it) because it's larger and higher off the ground than other vehicles on the road, and because it looks COOL!!!! And if you're a REAL climber, what were you doing hanging out at REI on a weekend? Just got back from the gym and stopped off to grab a latte and a crazy creek chair?

It doesn't look cool, it looks idiotic. You look like a fucking soccer mom, you poser. Also, you might want to check up on safety ratings. Your SUK is less safe in most cases. They aren't designed for safety, they are simply trucks with a shitty canopy thrown on and some seats added. They crumple like a pop can in a bad accident. They have to meet much less stringent safety standards than cars, not to mention they have this tendency to do something called roll over, which particularly sucks and is the easiest way to get yourself killed.

all of you on both sides of this need to stfu! I own a small SUV, i have my reasons and they're none of your business. I also have other vehicles. whatever.

besides what's wrong w/looking like a soccer mom? i look pretty good at the soccer games!

--------------------

~what would scooby do?

Here's my $0.02. If you have a need for an SUV regularly, then buy one and fuck the environmentalists. If you buy one for how it makes you look, then you're stupid. And if you buy one, don't bitch about how much gas it guzzles or pollution. Personally, I don't think I'd ever buy an SUV, there are lighter vehicles that are more fuel-efficient, safer, and deliver almost the same performance. And I'm not a soccer mom. the_finger.gif

Sphinx said:

Here's my $0.02. If you have a need for an SUV regularly, then buy one and fuck the environmentalists. If you buy one for how it makes you look, then you're stupid. And if you buy one, don't bitch about how much gas it guzzles or pollution. Personally, I don't think I'd ever buy an SUV, there are lighter vehicles that are more fuel-efficient, safer, and deliver almost the same performance. And I'm not a soccer mom. the_finger.gif

Simple - to the point and sums it up.

Sphinx said:

Well said! I think I've mentioned more than once that if you actually need a SUK for work, or you actually do use it to get down nasty roads, then most of my comments don't apply to you. I just see so many SUKs that have big rims on the road that have obviously never seen dirt or a possible scratch, and see them parked in white-collar office building parking lots (commuting). That's where I have the problem.

RobBob said:

If you really felt that way Jim you wouldn't be sneaking around stickering SUVs.

Last word - then I gotta get ready for field work, put the chainsaw in the truck (for cutting fallen logs across the road) and use a truck that was made for going where you'll never take that shiny yup-mobile.

What I was agreeing to is "If you buy one for how it makes you look, then you're stupid". You said you wanted " to poject the right image to you employees". And at the grocery store I bet.

I love to sticker those shiny new ones. It's obvious when rigs are used for work or serious play - and when they'er driven to pick up the kids and lattes. Posers deserve the riducule they get.

http://www.changingtheclimate.com wave.gif

Jim said:

RobBob said:

If you really felt that way Jim you wouldn't be sneaking around stickering SUVs.

Last word - then I gotta get ready for field work, put the chainsaw in the truck (for cutting fallen logs across the road) and use a truck that was made for going where you'll never take that shiny yup-mobile.

What I was agreeing to is "If you buy one for how it makes you look, then you're stupid". You said you wanted " to poject the right image to you employees". And at the grocery store I bet.

I love to sticker those shiny new ones. It's obvious when rigs are used for work or serious play - and when they'er driven to pick up the kids and lattes. Posers deserve the riducule they get.

Jim, that's just not cool man. It really isn't. If you get collared and some dude kicks your head in then I have to say you had it coming. You have absolutely no right whatsoever to manifest your beliefs in the guise of posting gay fucking stickers on someone's property. That's vandalism done in a most sneaky and underhanded sort of way.

If you care about the environment, take the shit you need for work, strap it to a fucking yak and walk to work.

I drive an SUV and I fucking ridicule you sad pathetic shiteheads that think you are in a position to ridicule me. You are the object of ridicule on this thread Jim with your poofy antics and smug comments.

Go shag a hole in the ground you insolent wankstain.

JGowans said:

Jim said:

RobBob said:

Jim, that's just not cool man. It really isn't. If you get collared and some dude kicks your head in then I have to say you had it coming. You have absolutely no right whatsoever to manifest your beliefs in the guise of posting gay fucking stickers on someone's property. That's vandalism done in a most sneaky and underhanded sort of way.

If you care about the environment, take the shit you need for work, strap it to a fucking yak and walk to work.

I drive an SUV and I fucking ridicule you sad pathetic shiteheads that think you are in a position to ridicule me. You are the object of ridicule on this thread Jim with your poofy antics and smug comments.

Go shag a hole in the ground you insolent wankstain.

All the SUVers feel threatened by those of us who make valid points. Penis envy is a funny thing. While stickering might not be an appropriate technique, I, too, redicule people who own SUVs and use them were other vehicles are more appropriate. For commuting, buy some cheap compact. For most nasty logging roads and the like, a Subaru will do. I figure unless you drive REALLY nasty terrain very often, there is not need for a SUV. Plus they are more dangerous in a wreck.

Sphinx hath spoken. boxing_smiley.gif

Sphinx said:

Plus they are more dangerous in a wreck.

That's the undeniable truth right there. Check out the Frontline documentary on the SUV myth. That body plan was never meant to cruise on pavement at highway speeds and it shows. There was even a coverup scandal with the Bronco II.

I awoke as though from a deeply disturbing dream, and realized I was in fact in a hospital of some fashion. The sterility and sheer whiteness of it all indicated such. Still groggy and not fully functional, I noticed the bed spread and wondered if it was made of natural fibers or some artificial nonsense in a sweatshop in Bangladesh.

It was difficult to remember what had brought me to this point, but the bandages around my face, the swollen eye, and arms and legs in a cast served as a reminder of the horror of it all. It was frighteningly vivid, and I had trouble drinking my Tazo Peace Lilly tea, but I forced it down nonetheless knowing that I’d have to deal with the trauma sooner than later, and it'd be better to have some inner sanctity achieved prior to then.

Earlier that day, I had taken a stroll around town crying my eyes out at the sheer folly of man. How far we had regressed since the days of mud huts and peace pipes. All around were bulbous bellies of steel clad buildings filled chock a block with devilish corporate worker bees. I tried to take my mind off of it by going to REI. I often found solace scaling their artificial wall of death. On this day however, I knew it was a day for “Changing The Climate!” Yes, that merry band of happy go lucky brothers and sisters that yearn for a better day. I’m proud to say I’m one of those. I moved stealthily around the parking lot in my hemp sandals careful not to be spotted. I purposefully avoided small cars and the lovely line of Subaru Limited’s, and used my mobile emissions alert device to identify suspect vehicles.

I was in the middle of Operation If You Drive An SUV You Support Terrorism having just tastefully decorated a rather obnoxious looking GMC Yukon replete with chrome fender and brush guard with a fully bio-degradable sticker using organic paints, when as if from nowhere, a rather athletic looking gentleman sprang forth and proceeded to pummel me with a bag full of vacuum packed food and a Nalgene bottle. With each furious flurry, I desperately tried to sticker his rims too, but he was just too quick and overpowering. As I cowered against his considerably attractive chrome rims, I thought to myself, “You’ve really outdone yourself this time Jimbo.” As the Nalgene bottle blows rained down from above, I allowed myself a snigger knowing that although he’d seen the rear sticker, he had no idea about the ones I placed on both headlights. “That’s one for the annals of changingtheclimate.com for sure Jimbo." I pensively considered just before I blacked out.

Also, if you drive nasty terrain a lot they make a vehicle designed for that...it's called a TRUCK! SUVs are the "cool" (hahah...what a joke) attempt to get Americans to drive station wagons. That's all an SUV is perdiod, get it through your head, it's the station wagon of the 90s and 2000s. Euros, on the other hand, have been smart enough to realize this for decades and drive station wagons quite a bit. They also realize that a station wagon does 9 out of 10 things better than it's american counterpart, the SUV. SUV owners, I'm glad you are happy with what you drive, but at least realize why. Don't try to fool the rest of us into thinking your vehicle is a good solution for what most of you need it for.

Pull your head out of the sand, JG. Most anti-SUV people make legitimate arguments against SUVs, and rather than responing with legitimate pro-SUV arguments you just stupidly insult people. Maybe it's because there are no arguments for you driving your SUV. It's tough to argue when the other people are right..... the_finger.gif

Sphinx said:

Pull your head out of the sand, JG. Most anti-SUV people make legitimate arguments against SUVs, and rather than responing with legitimate pro-SUV arguments you just stupidly insult people. Maybe it's because there are no arguments for you driving your SUV. It's tough to argue when the other people are right..... the_finger.gif

The only argument I need is that it's none of your business. Period. I don't need to be right or wrong. It's just simply none of your business.

You are correct. You have every right to buy whatever the fuck you please, and drive it whereever you want (as long at it's not in the wilderness, etc.) However, it is our right to be able to ridicule your choice of transportation. Stickering SUVs is stupid, as it's vandalism. But flaming people online is fine. It's called freedom of speech.

JGowans said:

I agree flaming people online is fine. Vandalising private property is not. You are perfectly legitimate in asserting your views online. Just don't assert your views by vandalising my property or any other deviant (illegal) act.

Read my previous post. I don't advocate stickering private property. You're right, it's vandalism and hence illegal. But I still think that people who drive an SUV and don't need it are stupid.

When I see a passing pukon, ghettoslade, etc. I just express my view my pointing laughing and then flicking them off.

I also make comments like "jeez, couldn't get all 2 kids to school in such a tiny car" to soccer moms, dads, etc. when I pass them in costco, etc. parking lots.

It's your right (unfortunately) to drive whatever huge pile of crap (this isn't directly at you, JG, or even you rob, but the hoards of mindless yukon, expedition, etc. drivers) you want, but it's my right to show you no respect and insult you. thumbs_up.gif

Charlie said:

"It you have the macho-mobile to go pick up you're kids from school then you deserve to be humiliated with a sticker. I tagged ten shiny, never-seen-mud giants at REI this weekend."...

What if they don't have the rig just for that, and actually go places and do stuff with it? What do they deserve, according to you, then?

How do you, in your godlike judgement, know which rigs are bought for what reason and who drives them? I know people who both use their vehicles and keep them clean, what a concept. Does that mean a judgemental dink like you will figure from a look at their car, you "know" what they do with it? I have another flash for you, *every* car is new for a while when it's built. How do you determine which new ones won't be scratched, dented, and muddy in a couple years when you make your judgements?

You're also pretty proud of yourself here where you don't face the folks you decided to judge and decided their property meant less to you than your feelings about people you didn't even know. Did this preening over your actions extend to staying to face them and explain how wrong you know they are, in spite of not knowing them? I doubt it.

Edited by MtnGoat