Topos for cragging spots

DrTopo

So I don't know if this is a new site or not, but I just found it and had never heard of it before. It seems to be a good website for a number of cragging areas. I printed out a mini-guide for Smith Rock that had the main areas, and it made a nice little booklet when folded and stapled together - lighter than a guidebook, for sure, and quite current.

No topos available in Washington. Anyone care to draw one up (Index? L-worth? Frenchman?) and invite the ire of the guidebook authors?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Plan on writing a guidebook , Dru?

I don't NOT support guidebook authors (I'm sure I've bought 10 of them), but I'm a fan of the free dissemination of information... The topos on the site are hand-drawn (using Adobe illustrator, I think). Nothing I've seen is stolen, except perhaps the info, but sharing information and beta is part of climbing, I think, and any local could share the same info, making it "not stolen".

Anyway, it's not my site, I don't know anything about it, but I think it's a good idea, and the natural progression of internet-disseminated climbing info. I plan on using it and I hope it flourishes.

fruit.gif