Boycott Arab made goods!

lummox

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sisu_suomi said:

Sisu, interesting response.

Why bother. We all have our minds made up and since I am red neck and you are a lefty again why bother.

Go have a cup of joe and relax. Don't get you undies in a knot. In the long haul what does it matter anyway. We are born, we live for the designated time on our time card and we die. End of story.

Adios Allison

BEWARE IF WRITING ANYTHING TO ALLISON. THE ANALYSIS OF THIS NOTE WAS DEEMED A TERROIST DEATH THREAT THEREFORE THE FBI IS ON THE WAY TO MY HOUSE AS WE SPEAK.

yelrotflmao.gif

sisu_suomi said:

BEWARE IF WRITING ANYTHING TO ALLISON. THE ANALYSIS OF THIS NOTE WAS DEEMED A TERROIST DEATH THREAT THEREFORE THE FBI IS ON THE WAY TO MY HOUSE AS WE SPEAK.

That is incorrect. I merely asked you if you intended it as a threat. There is a big difference.

rbw1966 said:

Is it really rape if its done willingly?

The idea of a gang rape or a gang er, bang, is not something that the female psyche typically finds sexy or appealing. It's terrifying, it's offensive, and it is completely inappropriate, even to spray. Itseriously makes me want to vomit. How whis is even remotely funny is way beyond me.

To put another view on it: how would you feel if this remark were directed at your wife, daughter, or girlfriend?

Trask, let me get this straight:

I asked how being anti-this war=not being a patriot, or something to that effect.

The response to this is something oddly threatening, from someone who once threatened to sue me for libel, and some stuff about me getting gang-raped, or gang-banged, for the more liberal-minded among us.

And I am supposed to lighten up? Where's the balance and proportionality in all of this? confused.gif

If I don't stand up for myself, there is absolutely horrible stuff smeared all over the board about me, all of which is untrue, and if I do, I get told to lighten up and calm down.

Where does all of this hate and anger come from, anyway? fruit.gif

allison said:

rbw1966 said:

Is it really rape if its done willingly?

The idea of a gang rape or a gang er, bang, is not something that the female psyche typically finds sexy or appealing. It's terrifying, it's offensive, and it is completely inappropriate, even to spray. Itseriously makes me want to vomit. How whis is even remotely funny is way beyond me.

To put another view on it: how would you feel if this remark were directed at your wife, daughter, or girlfriend?

I'm assuming the above comments were not directed to me since they are definitely not reflective of my feelings nor are they responding to what I wrote. But what the hell, I'll respond anyway.

I was joking about the dissonance between the definition of rape and the use of the word "willingly" as an adjunct to that. Its not my problem if you try to dilute the definition of rape by attributing willing participation to it. I'm no feminist, nor do I play one on the web, but I'm guessing they would be offended by YOUR comment as much as by cavemans.

As for my wife, if she was as active a participant to this board as you are, I am pretty sure she would expect that type of retarded comment from Caveman (a.k.a. Potsy with Tourrettes). She's also be pretty unlikely to get her panties all wadded up about it too but then again she married me so she can't be all that bright.

rbw1966 said:

allison said:

Well whether the author thinks I would be willingly gang raped or not, the whole notion makes me want to throw up.

Does that help Allison? Let me direct you to the quote that is in BOLD.

As for your question re whether you are a feminist or not: I really don't care. Thats not the issue nor the point.

trask said:

You're picking a fight with RBW right now moron. Can't you just talk about girl stuff and be sexy like the rest of the cc hotties?

I'm just trying to help her understand my little, inane jab at her misuse of the term rape but I am failing miserably so I will give up.

Rob,

For the record, I am not trying to pick a fight with you.

The choice of words was intentional. Women do not generally want to have sex with groups of men, this is something that is forced, or at the very least, coerced, upon them. Having said that, I am sure there are exceptions.

I am not one of them, and the idea of rape sickens me and frightens me.

Trask, sorry I am not more docile and as you put it, "sexy."

trask said:

snaf.gif

Jesus Allison, of course he didn't mean it as a threat. You need to lighten up. You push people's buttons and then can't stand the heat. thumbs_down.gif

I couldn't agree more, god dam it. Allison You're reading way to much into Scott's post.

You totally punch peoples buttons and then go run off and cry. There have been a couple times when folks went overboard attacking you, but 9 times out of 10 you deserve the spray that you attract.

Either be nice, like Trask wants you to, or else go toe to toe with the people you insite.

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Hey Allison, I tend to fully agree with your sentiments here: I honestly couldn't believe the total lack of integrity in captain caveman's post.

And you know what's even worse? The men here who are coming to his defense, although it's a very limited number. I guess they just haven't understood. I suppose I was really lucky to have a mom that really helped me to figure out what it can be like to grow up as a woman in a patriarchal society where at one point rape was not even considered illegal. (It'd be nice if all people could see the harm that's been done to them, and the harm they perpetuate as a result.)

Hope you're ok.

As far as Scott's remark, well, I made a mistake. No harm, no foul, no worries.

As far as the other issue, well, I am unable to see how asking pointed questions about people's beliefs deserves the kind of personal attacks that I get. As long as that is happening here, expect me to defend myself. I try not to call names nor make personal attacks myself. rolleyes.gif

SC, I am okay, thanks, but I've got to say my piece here even if it falls on somewhat deaf ears.

Edited by allison

sisu_suomi said:

Hey Sexy Coco, did you ever read the history of that region? There is no democracy coming there. Come on, I thought you were the worldwide traveler and educated international man of mystery. That entire region(Iran, Iraq, Saudi etc., etc.) will NEVER, I SAY NEVER, see any government that embraces democracy. All the citizens there can hope for is a fair and just ruler. If you or anyone else believe that democracy will come ya better hope that OJ will be brought back to court on murder charges first. That might be a reality but the other NEVER. It ain't in the blood. wave.gif

I'm not sure why you came in with this argument, but I'll answer it anyway.

I think the idea of a democratic form of government was as alien to all parts of the world as it might now seem to the middle-east arab countries. (I personally think that Bush has no interest in seeing democratization happen, but this in itself won't keep it from happening.)

Did I ever tell you about Iran? They democratically elected a leader in the fifties, but that leader's policies didn't jibe with the US administration's. So, enter a coup, with the Shah propped into place. Just a little aside that might help to further explain the absolute mockery that Bush's speeches are met with in the middle east. "They" don't like us much, for damn good reasons! When democracy threatened our interests, we quashed it!

It's much easier to negotiate with a singular power-holder than with a representative government; one is much easier to buy off and control. I think this is the reason our administration would have no desire for a democratization of the middle east. We very well know what the people would put into power: a nationalist who would exploit all the previous aggressions of the west, which would entirely fuck us, due to our dependence on their natural resources.

I really have to say that I can't understand this war. The more I look at it, the less it makes sense, unless I am to believe that it's COMPLETELY about the oil, baby. And I guess that's what it's really all about.

Allison,

The verbal abuse you have been getting is totally out of line. I don't really understand this board policy with respect to verbal assaults but personally I don't see much difference between racism toward prominent US minorities (let's not talk about racism against arabs because it is prevalent on this board) and sexual verbal abuse toward women. If the board owners hope to attract participation from women climbers they will have to clean up their act as is shown by the low number of women posting here.

Stay strong and give them shit (assholes).

j_b

jb's comment made me a little embarrassed about the timidity of my previous post. Thanks for calling it for what it is.

So administrators, what's up with the double-standards? Why does someone so offensive as Caveman continue to post, when others have been 86'ed for less personal attacks? I'm quite confused by your deference to the fellow....

And if this is the direction you guys want this board to go, then....

If you cleaned out the sexist offensive shit, your rep would improve. I know a few people who won't even visit this place cuz of the crap of just a few posters.