Alpenfreshiez and Alpenslushiez

fredrogers

Had a great time at Alpental this AM with the 40 other folks who were there. 7-8" of fairly light powder at 9, then up top after Chair 2 opened at 10... sadly, the sun shone through and turned it to mostly mush by noon. Never more than 4 people in front of me in line all day.

Lots of loose sloughs and major pinwheels going on today- not a good day to hit the wrong slope. pitty.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpental was sweet both yesterday and Wednesday. Sure it got a little heavy in the afternoon, but it is nearly April after all. Wednesday was a little less sunny and a little colder. Plus the backcountry gate was opened Wednesday afternoon for some very nice freshies for the handful of skiers who stuck around. They were borderline sick.

(the scale goes sweet -> sick -> epic. Faceshots == sick)

fruit.gifgrin.gifgrin.giffruit.gif

Ah, come on! It's April in the Cascades! The freezing level overnight was 3000ft and the skiing Wednesday at 5000ft was pretty dam good. Down low it was heavy, but up high it was certainly better than many other days this year. The backcountry in the afternoon was still nice, positively mid-winter skiing. I'll be the first to admit I have a somewhat higher tolerance for questionable snow than others I've met, but the skiing up high (and certainly all the way to the bottom of the double) was good Wednesday.

rockband.gif

excellent day at work yesterday, and today is shaping up to be nice as well. the sun warmed up the south/west sides of bachy just right, made for some tasty conditions up high. definately got heavy and wet down low in the trees, but the smell of spring is in the air, what a great fucking day.

nothing beats that long 3500' drop from the top to NW on a clear day, the sisters, chossington, and jefferson all out in full splendor, amazing.