Average IQ of a CC.com poster

erik

tomdav said:

Dru said:

23 out of 20 is excellent!!!

tomdav - yes i scored a 167. I can produce 3 witnesses and a glowing testimonial from Mike Gauthier if you doubt my claim!!! yellaf.gif If you get really critical I will get some avatars to back me up boxing_smiley.gif

Very interesting. I took the test and initially got a 142. Out of curiousity, I hit my back button and changed the answers to the few questions I wasn't 100% sure about, then hit enter to see my revised score, doing so one at a time. In every case but one my score dropped (meaning the original answer was correct). I missed the grape vs. coconut bawl.gif in case anyone thinks I'm attempting to highlight my intelligence. hahaha.gif Correcting this changed my score to 144, which I believe is the maximum possible score. If you look at the normal distribution of IQ scores, you'll see that the tails flatten at 144.

iq.gif

In order to statistically capture the tails they would need to ask more than 40 questions so I call bullshit on Dru. It's not difficult to demonstrate. I'll supply the answers that score 144 and if Dru can indicate which ones are incorrect (not necessarily give the answers) leading to a score of 167 I'll change my avatar to a dunce cap for a month. Otherwise I suggest Dru do the same for attempting to inflate his score here, among other things. yelrotflmao.gif

tomdav is the winner of Dru's secret IQ test!!! hahaha.gifyellaf.gifhahaha.gifyellaf.gifhahaha.gifyellaf.gif

i did score 164 on the test they gave us in high school though. it was about 10 pages as i recall so probably more questions.

actually, when i did the test, when i filled out the biographical stuff at the end, i put in some fake name and age that indicated i was 7 years old, and that apparently threw the system for a loop, cause little kids aren't supposed to fill out their biographical details online - so it clammed up and refused to tell me my score and i just made one up yellaf.gifyellaf.gif tomdav is the only one who worked out WHY it was BS instead of just talking smack the way tomcat did. thumbs_up.giflaugh.gif

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

glassgowkiss said:

To join the Spetnaz you must be offered an invatation From

the office of special services in moscow. The requierments

are as follows.

1. 15 years in service of any form in the russian military.

2. You must be able to complete the spetznaz obsticle

course.

3. You must not be married.

4.You must have an IQ of 140 or more.

5.You must have combat experince (Does not have to be with

the russian military.).

there are others but theese are the ones i know of.

so none of you will make it moon.gifmoon.gifmoon.gif

so they take the smarter of their population, and put them in harms way where they very pobably could die? hmmm... no wonder their sociaty is behind ours...

I learned some things on this thread:

1. I confirmed that there are some clever folks here (and it appears some bullshitters too laugh.gif)

2. Iain was correct about the spam...that damn IQ site has already emailed me...I DO NOT CARE if 47% of my 'IQ type' first made out at a highschool dance!! madgo_ron.gif

3. My instinct was right...I forced myself to read some of tomcat's posts and yellowsleep.gif

I still think the Myers-Briggs and other personality profiles yield more insight into people than IQ tests. People who score the same on an IQ test may have skills, interests, and aptitudes for totally different things. It's those things that interest me...not an 'intelligence quotient.' bigdrink.gif

RobBob said:

1. I confirmed that there are some clever folks here (and it appears some bullshitters too laugh.gif)

2. Iain was correct about the spam...that damn IQ site has already emailed me...I DO NOT CARE if 47% of my 'IQ type' first made out at a highschool dance!! madgo_ron.gif

3. My instinct was right...I forced myself to read some of tomcat's posts and yellowsleep.gif

I still think the Myers-Briggs and other personality profiles yield more insight into people than IQ tests. People who score the same on an IQ test may have skills, interests, and aptitudes for totally different things. It's those things that interest me...not an 'intelligence quotient.' bigdrink.gif

I have two E-mails, one for acutal use, and one for entering one the internet... this prevents any spam from inter fering with my real mail... works like a great par of titties... grin.gif

RobBob said:

Dude, you gots to uncheck the little box that says "Yes blah blah blah ass-cram my inbox with spam", otherwise you get ... well, see above.

Like I said, my dad claimed 30 years ago that a higher percentage of Mensa members were working menial jobs or on the street than the normal population. His not-so-subliminal message I guess was that these folks took great pride in documenting their intelligence, without actually using it. cantfocus.gif

RobBob said:

Like I said, my dad claimed 30 years ago that a higher percentage of Mensa members were working menial jobs or on the street than the normal population. His not-so-subliminal message I guess was that these folks took great pride in documenting their intelligence, without actually using it. cantfocus.gif

in this particular case, i'd say this person himself had no interest in documenting his IQ, his teachers did. Perhaps, one of the pitfalls for this person and his intellect was his complete social ineptitude. That had more to do w/his current situation than not wanting to use his brain.

You seem tad bitter against those of high intellect?

Child geniuses have a much higher burnout rate than the general population because they become frustrated at how stupid ordinary people and everyday life is. Either they figure out how to dumb themselves down enough to fit in, or they fit some niche like university math departments where being smart is the only requirement for status, or they go nuts. The guy I know went into the latter category. In our last conversation he basically told me he had considered and rejected every justification for our current society and that he had no hope of ever being or feeling normal. cantfocus.giffrown.gif I kinda think it sucks to be him. I have seen him begging once or twice...he won't even talk to me because I didn't join his rejection of society.

RobBob said:

hey minxie, ya missed the part where I was chestbeating about it cool.gif (Gotta chestbeat about sumthin...can't abt climbin)

you know bobrobbobert if you call me minxie again i might have to kick your arse wink.gif

sorry i missed the chest beating rolleyes.gif

Dru said:

Child geniuses have a much higher burnout rate than the general population because they become frustrated at how stupid ordinary people and everyday life is. Either they figure out how to dumb themselves down enough to fit in, or they fit some niche like university math departments where being smart is the only requirement for status, or they go nuts. The guy I know went into the latter category. In our last conversation he basically told me he had considered and rejected every justification for our current society and that he had no hope of ever being or feeling normal. cantfocus.giffrown.gif I kinda think it sucks to be him. I have seen him begging once or twice...he won't even talk to me because I didn't join his rejection of society.

kinda like the boy genius from the movie Magnolia...

creepy weird...

Dude, you gots to uncheck the little box that says "Yes blah blah blah ass-cram my inbox with spam", otherwise you get ... well, see above.

Okay, DFA...how come you know so much about what I checked, huh?? Are you the dark force behind these "meet people with similar minds" emails?? madgo_ron.gif

Dru said:

actually, when i did the test, when i filled out the biographical stuff at the end, i put in some fake name and age that indicated i was 7 years old, and that apparently threw the system for a loop, cause little kids aren't supposed to fill out their biographical details online - so it clammed up and refused to tell me my score and i just made one up

Deduct 75 points for not being able to figure out how to tweak the page.