Average IQ of a CC.com poster

erik

freeclimb9 said:

tomcat said:

Is that jealousy cologne you're wearing?

I've tested at a pretty high level. But the number doesn't really mean crap as an indicator of whether a person will be successful, or not. Hard work is hard work.

Now that I agree with 100%.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a guy goes into a store and sees a display advertising "100% smarter" pills next to the cash register. Curious and eager to be smarter, he purchases the pills. As soon as he steps onto the sidewalk, he pops the recommended two pills, chews and swallows. He instantly realizes that they look and taste just like rabbit pellets. Enraged that he's been had, he races back into the store to confront the shopkeeper. "You just sold me rabbit pellets labelled as '100% smarter' pills!" he exclaims. "See, now you're already 100% smarter," replies the shopkeeper. mushsmile.gif

tomcat said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Wow, we actually do have something in common.

And I call bullshit on Dru's 167. http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/combnorm.html

1 in 70,000 people have an IQ score that high. I would think that would more than set you apart from the rest of the bunch here at cc.com. No offense, but I just don't see it.

you may doubt all you want but facts are facts and the fact is it said my IQ is 167. and the last time i took a test in high school, it said 164.

i think the only thing that stopped me from getting perfect, was one of those proverb type quotes, that I had never heard before, and had to guess on. the one about the pure and simple truth actually. all the other questions were dead easy symbolic logic or calculation questions. how that is supposed to test IQ, i dont know, which is why those tests are bunk.

actually you do have to know a bit about biology too! like knowing that a kangaroo is not an ungulate. yellaf.gif i'm wondering how many people answered "mule" to that cause its the only sterile one though. seems to me if you were from an agricultural background you might answer that way.

tomcat said:

You got lucky and guessed some shit then .. no way is your IQ 167.

http://www.bngraphics.com/personal/IQScale.html

You are NOT a high genius. You don't have to lie to make friends.

Ooohhhh, looks like someone's threatened by Dru's score! shocked.gif

Take it easy, tomcat, it's OK that Dru's IQ makes you look about as bright as a coconut.

Dru said:

actually you do have to know a bit about biology too! like knowing that a kangaroo is not an ungulate. yellaf.gif i'm wondering how many people answered "mule" to that cause its the only sterile one though. seems to me if you were from an agricultural background you might answer that way.

That or they all four walk on four legs.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

tomcat said:

You got lucky and guessed some shit then .. no way is your IQ 167.

http://www.bngraphics.com/personal/IQScale.html

You are NOT a high genius. You don't have to lie to make friends.

Ooohhhh, looks like someone's threatened by Dru's score! shocked.gif

Take it easy, tomcat, it's OK that Dru's IQ makes you look about as bright as a coconut.

OK I now question your score too. DFA, you are poop.

fact is all those questions were easy, the only one i guessed on was that pure and simple truth one.

you don't know me so how do you know im not a genius smart ass? is it a knee jerk reaction cause i oppose your stupid war? worried that any smart person would do the same? though so tongue.gifwave.gifyellaf.gif

tomcat said:

Dru said:

4 legged answer is too simple... they are all also hoofed except kangaroo, and mammals where kangaroo is marsupial, all these facts together combine to make them more similar to each other than to 'roo. also, all are domestic (they have deer farms and wild horses but you know what i mean), whereas roo is still undomesticated.

Dru said:

tomcat said:

Dru said:

4 legged answer is too simple... they are all also hoofed except kangaroo, and mammals where kangaroo is marsupial, all these facts together combine to make them more similar to each other than to 'roo. also, all are domestic (they have deer farms and wild horses but you know what i mean), whereas roo is still undomesticated.

nothing wrong w/the simple answer, dru. smile.gif simple minds, etc...

i just didn't want to unscramble the word....laziness prevails!

well, if instead of deer, tiger was on the list, what would you have chosen then? i still would have chosen kangaroo, but its a lot more open to argument in the latter case, on account of the tiger being carnivorous and the roo herbivorous... however by cladistics, tiger is placental hence evolutionarily closer to horse than to roo...

in fact, if it was tiger, donkey, pig, roo, rabbit or owl, what would you have guessed then? would you have realized it was the characters from Winnie the Pooh? yellaf.gif

I don't score quite as high as dru, but over the bar, let's say. I didn't find those questions very hard either...but I did do the test slower than I did the last IQ test many years ago. Years and years of systematic abuse seemed to have only slowed response time, thank goodness. Seriously, I'm not surprised that a number of you would score very high. Look at the selection process: Working at a computer/have figured out how to dick off and make money too/post to spray because they are clever smartasses who like to spar/took the IQ test because they knew they scored high in the past/etc. It makes sense. Geek_em8.gifcantfocus.gif

yeh... did you know that mean IQ scores have risen every year since they were invented? numerous hypotheses have been proposed to explain this but none of them have been proven... however Sheldrake's "morphogenetic field" hypothesis has not been falsified yet either. Geek_em8.gif