Average IQ of a CC.com poster

erik

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

but here's a hint: the overall thing is a magic square and adds to the same in any direction

you have to figure out what each term means

Hmm... I figured the shapes repesented digits, since there are 9 different ones. thought it might be a magic suqare, but I was too lazy to figure that out.

Also stumped on the last question (blue shapes)... I guessed the answer that had the small square, but it didn't feel right...

philfort said:

Ok, most of them were easy, but I had to guess at this one.... ???? I'm stumped

37.gif

This one was tricky for me too. Look at the top shape in each square. Then look two boxes right and one up .. it's the same figure. If you get to the end of the row, start at the beginning again. If you get to the top of a row, go to the bottom. So the top shape inside the box in question we know is going to be a gray plus sign.

Now for the bottom shape I'm not sure, but I guessed white circle. Anyone know about this?

MountainMan said:

philfort said:

37.gif

This one was tricky for me too. Look at the top shape in each square. Then look two boxes right and one up .. it's the same figure. If you get to the end of the row, start at the beginning again. If you get to the top of a row, go to the bottom. So the top shape inside the box in question we know is going to be a gray plus sign.

Now for the bottom shape I'm not sure, but I guessed white circle. Anyone know about this?

yeah, that damn Dru knows, but he's playin his "guess the mtn." game...bastard yellaf.gif

bottom one has to be a circle - rows have same bottom shape all the way down.

top row has a dark and a white, and in the middle nothing

mid row has two white ends and dark middle

bottom row has two dark ends so should have white middle

i used a different reason than that to figure out the plus sign though, but i cant remember it.

also how does your two to the right and up one theory, explain the shaded box with no symbols? at least in a magic square it could be zero.

i dont think its a magic square at all, just a pattern recognition.

Edited by Dru

gregm said:

philfort said:

37.gif

what are the choices?

I understand now why the bottom shape is a white circle (it is). Look diagonally accrossed the middle. Oval, square, circle of all the same shade. Now start at the upper right corner. Go diagonally down and to the right. The next box down would be the 1st square on the 2nd row (the white square). The next box (the box in question) should be a circle to maintain this pattern.

MountainMan said:

gregm said:

philfort said:

37.gif

what are the choices?

I understand now why the bottom shape is a white circle (it is). Look diagonally accrossed the middle. Oval, square, circle of all the same shade. Now start at the upper right corner. Go diagonally down and to the right. The next box down would be the 1st square on the 2nd row (the white square). The next box (the box in question) should be a circle to maintain this pattern.

your theory still doesnt explain the middle box in the top row though?