Access to Coleman Glacier trailhead

MdwestMac

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link for the relevant National Forest office: http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/

Phone numbers are on the page, but specifically for the Glacier office:

Operating Hours:

Daily from Memorial Day to mid-November

Weekends remainder of year.

8 am - 4:30 pm PST

Phone Number:

(360) 599-2714

Based on the info above, if you want to call the Glacier office you must do so on the weekends only at this time of year. Otherwise, call the Sedro Wooley office at (360) 856-5700. They'll know just as much as the Glacier office probably.

I don't know the current situation, but in my past experience, the Sedro Wooley station has NOT had the current or complete information that was available by calling the Glacier ranger station or the Marblemount station, and they have also been less helpful when answering these inquiries.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The plows have pushed up a 2-3 ft high wall of snow at the end of the plowed stretch of road. If you could get past that you *might* be able to drive all the way to the trailhead. But if the snow park's still open, you'd probably be pretty heavily fined for driving over the groomed snow.

Actually I had been up in the Shuksan Arm/White Salmon Creek area that morning when some weather came in and I got bored and cold and headed down. I just drove up the Glacier Creek Road because I was bored and wanted to feel useful. The snow was good and hard over where I was (no snowshoes needed) but the area probably got some snow today, so who knows.