Demoralizing the Troops

RobBob

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The proof needed already exists. Iraq was known by UN inspectors to have stockpiles of thousands of tons at the time the UN was ejected in 98. Iraq itself admitted possession of weaponized anthrax around that time. This constitutes proof of the existense of these weapons.

And these thousands of tons are clearly a different animal than cultures used to develop livestock antibiotics, and should be found. And I say these should be found through inspection at this time, rather than destabilizing the entire middle east on a witchhunt. At this point, now there is no endgame for us unless we find these weapons and lots of them. I certainly hope we do. We do not "win" once we slaughter this regime. We "win" when that area is in a stable situation and surrounding countries accept our presence at this point. I don't see that happening unless we now uncover a very real threat in Iraq. Seems like a big gamble to me.

While against the war, I've been disappointed about some of the actions I've seen at some Seattle demonstrations (downtown - twice). They have been limited to a handful of folks but they have barraged people holding flags or troop support signs with insults. Seems like some tolerance for free speech. The pro-war guys were few, but polite.

Hope all you "spray babies" got your fucking asses handed to you at the Federal Building by hippy friendly SPD and Federal Police. Hope all you liberals burn in hell. Hope you try and confront me in person someday so I can choke you out using Daryl Gates favorite hold.

iain said:

The proof needed already exists. Iraq was known by UN inspectors to have stockpiles of thousands of tons at the time the UN was ejected in 98. Iraq itself admitted possession of weaponized anthrax around that time. This constitutes proof of the existense of these weapons.

And these thousands of tons are clearly a different animal than cultures used to develop livestock antibiotics, and should be found. And I say these should be found through inspection at this time, rather than destabilizing the entire middle east on a witchhunt. At this point, now there is no endgame for us unless we find these weapons and lots of them. I certainly hope we do. We do not "win" once we slaughter this regime. We "win" when that area is in a stable situation and surrounding countries accept our presence at this point. I don't see that happening unless we now uncover a very real threat in Iraq. Seems like a big gamble to me.

I addressed these issues in my previous post to you. Please read .. please.

mikeadam said:

Hope all you "spray babies" got your fucking asses handed to you at the Federal Building by hippy friendly SPD and Federal Police. Hope all you liberals burn in hell. Hope you try and confront me in person someday so I can choke you out using Daryl Gates favorite hold.

Hey - this sounds like our new foreign policy!

tomcat said:

As difficult as it was, I did read your posts. There's just not much there that hasn't already been said here. Since you obviously are just going to respond with what about my previous posts to everything (which essentially points to thin air in terms of substance) I think I'm finished here. I think you know where I stand, and I think I've been logical enough to spell it out. You certainly aren't going to change my mind with some two-bit condescending post like above. wave.gif

iain said:

tomcat said:

As difficult as it was, I did read your posts. There's just not much there that hasn't already been said here. Since you obviously are just going to respond with what about my previous posts to everything (which essentially points to thin air in terms of substance) I think I'm finished here. I think you know where I stand, and I think I've been logical enough to spell it out. You certainly aren't going to change my mind with some two-bit condescending post like above. wave.gif

Condescending how? Because we were having a discussion and you didn't respond to some valid points? Then you went on to ignore these valid points to formulate another rebuttal using the same old recycled argument you made before only to 'rebuke' an argument made by a different person? The only reason you think you're finished here is because you can't refute what I said .. if you could, you would. wave.gif

iain said:

no, I'm finished here because mtngoat and now apparently his protege have started in on their usual shit

You are so quick to dismiss their arguments as shit, but if you read their arguments (and mine) side-by-side with yours, you can see that you're full of hot air. This is fact .. if you don't see it this way, you're in denial.

tomcat said:

iain said:

no, I'm finished here because mtngoat and now apparently his protege have started in on their usual shit

You are so quick to dismiss their arguments as shit, but if you read their arguments (and mine) side-by-side with yours, you can see that you're full of hot air. This is fact .. if you don't see it this way, you're in denial.

I find your "I gotcha" diatribe laughable since I obviously did read your posts, and when I was referring to mtngoat's protege, I was referring to you.

And for my final comment to you until you get your facts straight, let me point out this fact :

IAIN SAID :

"Since you obviously are just going to respond with what about my previous posts to everything (which essentially points to thin air in terms of substance) I think I'm finished here."

Then in the very next post you say :

"no, I'm finished here because mtngoat and now apparently his protege have started in on their usual shit".

Sounds contradictory to me chief. I'm pretty sure you're just confused. Go ahead and dismiss this with another cute post using semantics as your argument.

iain said:

tomcat said:

iain said:

I find your "I gotcha" diatribe laughable since I obviously did read your posts, and when I was referring to mtngoat's protege, I was referring to you.

I don't consider this an insult .. MtnGoat seems to be coming up with logical arguments. If you're trying to insult me, it backfired.