Demoralizing the Troops

RobBob

You antiwar folks keep talking about your right to express your opinion, and how this country was founded on that right. The human need for support when in harm's way transcends your 'right' to play 'look at me and my opinion.'

Most of you fuckers are too young to remember just how demoralizing this demonstration of 'look at me' was to the troops in Vietnam. Read what she has to say about her actions today:

Jane Fonda Regrets ‘Hanoi Jane’ Moment

The Associated Press

New York, June 21 — It epitomized her reputation as “Hanoi Jane,” and Jane Fonda now says she feels awful about posing for a photo with North Vietnamese soldiers in 1972.

“I will go to my grave regretting the photograph of me in an anti-aircraft carrier, which looks like I was trying to shoot at American planes,” Fonda told O, The Oprah Magazine.

“It hurt so many soldiers. It galvanized such hostility. It was the most horrible thing I could possibly have done. It was just thoughtless.”

p103.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got an email from my brother he returned two days ago from the middle east. he is in the navy. i asked him is he felt that the country does or does not support the conflict.

he said outside of what the media spews forth with its vile drivel. that the troops know that no matter what the outcome is that they are americans and that all the troops know that america stands solidarliy behind them. now about bush there is many varying opinions.

so i guess all your trying to hold down people with opinions is wasted breath!

you people make me laugh!!

conjecture pleez!!!!

tomcat said:

Necronomicon said:

Not to mention the 500 MILLION it cost for the air campaign on Saturday.

Money well spent. thumbs_up.gif

Do you have kids? They may benefit more from 500M$ spent on education than 500$M spent on war.

Necronomicon said:

Do you have kids? They may benefit more from 500M$ spent on education than 500$M spent on war.

The gov wouldn't ever spend that 500mil on edjucation... it is part of our defence funds that where allready established, never ever would any of that 500mil go to edjucation...never ever never ever never ever... it sucks but its why we put that money aside...

RobBob said:

just reading today's Wall Street Journal, which mentions that in Iraq the government still cuts people's tongues out for criticizing them. Ooch.

so that's the reason Bush ordered us in. to save the day once again like the global heros we are!

Necronomicon said:

tomcat said:

Necronomicon said:

Not to mention the 500 MILLION it cost for the air campaign on Saturday.

Money well spent. thumbs_up.gif

as to necro's quip - would anybody in their right mind really want necro to teach their kids?

erik said:

i just got an email from my brother he returned two days ago from the middle east. he is in the navy.

Erik - Sincerely happy that your brother made it home safe and sound. Give him a hearty handshake and a pat on the back for his service. thumbs_up.gif Tell him it's from Trask and Greg_W; he knows who we are. wink.gif