a little party

erik

putting out feelers if anyone is interested in having acascadeclimbers.com slide show, kegger, spray fest. or something of the like. i can offer up my big empty house in tacoma and an insasiable appetite for beer. as well as some slides. obvious themes could included the CASCADES! or trips abroad. just wondering. let's see what we can come up with. anyone else have ideas or a good location.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we will have a meeting with the cascadeclimbers.com board of directors and see if we can appropriate some funds to increase the liver sizes of the BB visitors.

regardless of the outcome of the vote, i will be in attendance*.

-tim

*as long as jon doesn't bring along any slides involving various forays on the uw campus

[This message has been edited by tim (edited 01-26-2001).]

I have some slides, what dates are people thinking? Doesnt have to be a big party to be a good party, I could even host it at my sparsely furnished but capable house.

I should mention that if people really expect me to host the party, then I won't be able to do it before end of Feb earliest, quite possibly March sometime, sorry. If its just me showing up somewhere, I can attend any weekend except Feb 16-17 weekend.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited 01-31-2001).]

In an off-line conversation, I was inspired by a recent thread (already epic in flaming proportions) of a new slogan to represent the site and our community.

There is a need for the site to have a calling card for all of us NW climbers to identify ourselves by, much like the "Sports Immersion" found on quokka.com.

So it is with great pleasure that I present to you the new slogan:

sport climbing for the New Millennium

cascadeclimbers.com

I'm going to get some t-shirts made up for the party so let me know if you are going to be there.

sounds like it is starting to shape up, nicely now. so what kinda date do you all want. weekday, weekend.....blah...blah.

mike stout sounds good, since thats the way all cascadeclimbers climb.

house rulez:

1. no fighting until the host kisses your old lady.

2. no fightting until there is at least a $100 kitty. the house get 75%

3. no fightting if you are beating up the host

4. no guns, knives or ice tools....the house will provide all weapons

5. no fighting because the other guy doesn't eat red meat

6. if you spill beer...be ready to fight

7. if want to drive drunk....be ready to fight

8. if you are wearing a lycra tights be ready to fight

9. all must have tons of fun

if we can agree to these rulz then it will be a good party.

i know that most seattle people don't like to come to tacoma and i know that i don't like to go to seattle. i have a friend who owns a compound in maple valley right off 18. we will all have to watch his slide show of wilderness whitewater kaykaing and listen to his i just climbed el cap after ten days of rock climbing. he also has a hot tub and a bbq.

i can car pool from tacoma with whoever wants to go with me.

lets get it on

this is the winter climbing party...and i climb a couple of days during the week so i like the weekend idea.

i have already done my laps on drury and let me tell you....thats one hard track to run on.

the 10th doesn't sound to bad- i'll keep you all posted.