Necronomicon

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Necronomicon said:

Civilians in Japan were fire-bombed during the final stages of World War Two. At the time, the strategy was rationalized as acceptable, yet is considered by many today to have been a crime. What is happening today, with our strategy in Iraq, that will be looked upon in the future as a crime? I wonder...

fire bombs are a good thing. got a cigarette?

necro, change your auto-sig or prepare for the consequences

stinkyclimber said:

Tomcat: "Whoa .. Earth to Necronomicon. Hey bud, we're down here. "

Dude, he is down here. YOU were the one that brought up the ridiculous historical comparison.

Hey stinky you too .. ABORT .. come back to earth. yelrotflmao.gif

Necronomicon said:

tomcat,

You have yet to effectively counter, or even properly address, any of the points I've made in the last hour. Good job!!

Hey welcome to the club, chief! I'm still waiting on your response from yesterday .. maybe if you help out with the backlog, I'll get to yours by sundown!

tomcat said:

So you've made one mistake, is it possible you've made more?

Yes. It is possible. How 'bout you...maybe you have made mistakes in your analysis?

How 'bout Bush...maybe him too (actually, he did...about Iraq's nuclear capacity to start with one example, and his flimsy linkage between al Qaeda and Iraq for another)?

Except that death and destruction by war is final - you don't have to answer for your mistakes, and you don't get to take them back. Regardless though, America plows ahead, pretty sure of themselves, but without proof. Pre-emptive war. It is fine, as long as you are right. Just like the death penalty.

I will freely admit that I cannot be 100% of my opinions or the so-called facts that I have access to. I am humble enough for that. Are you really 100% sure?

One thing I am sure of: with this war, there is 100% chance of innocent people dying. Without the war, there is not a 100% chance...maybe a good chance, maybe even a very good chance, but it is not a 100% chance. Trading 100% death in the present for less than 100% chance of death in the future - seems like bad math.

stinkyclimber said:

tomcat said:

So you've made one mistake, is it possible you've made more?

I am 99% sure .. you're absolutely right, nobody can be 100% .. but with the facts presented thus far, and the evidence I've seen, I am fairly confident I'm right. I guess we'll find out when the war is over.

Yes. It is possible. How 'bout you...maybe you have made mistakes in your analysis?

How 'bout Bush...maybe him too (actually, he did...about Iraq's nuclear capacity to start with one example, and his flimsy linkage between al Qaeda and Iraq for another)?

Except that death and destruction by war is final - you don't have to answer for your mistakes, and you don't get to take them back. Regardless though, America plows ahead, pretty sure of themselves, but without proof. Pre-emptive war. It is fine, as long as you are right. Just like the death penalty.

I will freely admit that I cannot be 100% of my opinions or the so-called facts that I have access to. I am humble enough for that. Are you really 100% sure?

One thing I am sure of: with this war, there is 100% chance of innocent people dying. Without the war, there is not a 100% chance...maybe a good chance, maybe even a very good chance, but it is not a 100% chance. Trading 100% death in the present for less than 100% chance of death in the future - seems like bad math.

tomcat said:

Necronomicon said:

tomcat,

You have yet to effectively counter, or even properly address, any of the points I've made in the last hour. Good job!!

Hey welcome to the club, chief! I'm still waiting on your response from yesterday .. maybe if you help out with the backlog, I'll get to yours by sundown!

My task is not to refute, or even consider your points, it's to present my points. Your task is to consider and attempt to refute my points, which you will be unable to do successfully. So, before you've even started, you're a failure.

tomcat said:

Whoa I'm being censured!

Before my post was so rudely deleted, I said I agree with you that nobody can be 100% sure of themselves. I also said I'm 99% sure, but we'll find out when the war is over.

Excellent. But if you are wrong, many many people will have died.

Without war, we could have kept going with inspections and the like, and it may not have solved the problem immediately (because talking takes time), but it wouldn't have resulted in guaranteed deaths like we are getting now (and even you have admitted that Iraq does not present an immediate threat, but one somewhat further off in the future).

tomcat said:

Whoa I'm being censured!

Before my post was so rudely deleted, I said I agree with you that nobody can be 100% sure of themselves. I also said I'm 99% sure, but we'll find out when the war is over.

Censure: strong or vehement expression of disapproval, to criticize ot reproach in a harsh or vehement manner

Censor: to delete (a word or passage of text) in one's capacity as a censor

I think it's fair to say that there are some here who might censure you, however, any post deleting would have been censored.

So what did we learn today?

Highly educated folks can commit acts of plagarism, and they can misuse 50 cent words. One wonders how such an erudite man could commit such vile acts!

(word definitions courtesy of Webster's)

allison said:

tomcat said:

Whoa I'm being censured!

Censure: strong or vehement expression of disapproval, to criticize ot reproach in a harsh or vehement manner

Censor: to delete (a word or passage of text) in one's capacity as a censor

I think it's fair to say that there are some here who might censure you, however, any post deleting would have been censored.

So what did we learn today?

Highly educated folks can commit acts of plagarism, and they can misuse 50 cent words. One wonders how such an erudite man could commit such vile acts!

(word definitions courtesy of Webster's)

Hey you 5 dollar hooker .. that's exactly how I wanted to use that word. Reread your own definition ... I know the difference between censored and censured.

Don't try and get involved in this debate, your education lacks.

tomcat said:

Hey you 5 dollar hooker .. that's exactly how I wanted to use that word. Reread your own definition ... I know the difference between censored and censured.

Nice try, Tomweasel!

Damn, at least admit when you're blatantly busted, 'cause you are. Busted, that is. By the sumbitchin' Lexicon Police.

wave.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

tomcat said:

Nice try, Tomweasel!

Damn, at least admit when you're blatantly busted, 'cause you are. Busted, that is. By the sumbitchin' Lexicon Police.

wave.gif

Forget it, he not only won't admit it, he won't even get it. But boy did she get him good yelrotflmao.gif

I would have to agree with tomcat here. It seems as if most of you couldn't come up with good arguments and got mad when tomcat started making sense.

Just like the old adage, "If you can't beat 'em, antagonize 'em, bait 'em, villainize 'em, then ban 'em."

wave.gif

1. Is it morally worng to remove a threat to our security.? You say "we" have not proven Saddam has the weapons...why do you and other "common everyday citizens and the News media insist that we all be treated like we have security clearances. This is for our leadership and then its even restricted.

2. Sure people are going to die. Hopefully more Iraqis. You make mention of al Queda and their threat to AMerica. You know if America had taken Pres. Washington's advice we would of stayed out of foreign entanglements...if we had tried this then all the liberals would of been screaming waaaaaaaaaaaaa why don't we go abroad and get involved helping all those poor underfed and ill treaed bastards. Now we have the conservatives doing just that and the liberals are still going waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

3. Bush made the decisions that Clinton could of done during his administration but instead he chose to let American die in Somalia and the bodies be dragged and displayed to the world.

4. Public education in some areas of America is DEAD. We should go through the school and remove all the miscreants and transferr them to school that do 1/2 day school work and 1/2 day public service. Cutting grass in common areas, picking up trash, cleaning streets, etc. Then if the "clildren" don't do what they are told we require a parent come along with them. If the parent is a problem then we fine the living shit out of them. I'll bet the ACLU would love this wouldn't they. If something is not done to change our public schools soon they will be a place for the scum of society. Private school vouchers are the way to go. The worse thing I have seen in the schools is black and Hispanic kids that want to do well and succeed being hazed by their peers. If you don't act like a "Gang-ster" ain't cool.

5. So what. You got something to hide. I am a loyal citizen that does what the law says and how God says you should treat each and everyone of us.

6. We should not be in the United Nations to begin with anyway. The UN has become an anti-American organizaion that needs to be removed from our boarders and sent else where.

7. We are a nation of leaders and cowboys. the people that protest this war are the sheep Matt P.

8. Jesus still loves you Matt.