NEWS FLASH!!

Necronomicon

I think you're mixing up ownership of oil fields with control. I'm sure our government doesn't want to own the oil fields because then we would own the country and have to run a government etc. We do want unhindered acess to oil. Sadam is a threat to unhindered acess.

Let's say the main export of the middle east was lima beans. Do you really think we would have thousands of troops over there.

But then again I can't be sure what your talking about since I'm not motivated enough to read more than the first couple sentences you wrote. rolleyes.gif

I am very interested in pagetops though. snaf.gifsnaf.gif

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tom i am taking the easy way out?

you are the one citing facts. where are they. i would like to read the same facts as you, so we can be on the same page.

*yawn

i will argue all day with something that really matters to me, much like this apprently matters to you.

hard feelings? i didn't have feelings period confused.gif

Where are the facts you ask? It's pretty hard to argue with history. It's not my job to present evidence of facts that are reality. If you are truly interested in this, like I said, look them up on the net .. they're there for the finding. Why would you respond to my posts on this thread if this topic doesn't matter to you? That's pretty pointless.

i just want to read your sources.

like we all learned in debate class. cite your sources.

like we all learned in writing class. cite your sources.

like we all learned in history class. cite your sources.

see a pattern here?

cite your sources.

why don't you share the "good" info???

i am obviously ingnorant, don't you what to help me out? and i was always told to read it for myself. regurgitated is well biasedly opininated.

should i just fall into line and say, "yes tom, you are my source for world politics."

sorry just can't do it!

and oh yeah, cite your sources.

erik said:

i just want to read your sources.

like we all learned in debate class. cite your sources.

like we all learned in writing class. cite your sources.

like we all learned in history class. cite your sources.

see a pattern here?

cite your sources.

why don't you share the "good" info???

i am obviously ingnorant, don't you what to help me out? and i was always told to read it for myself. regurgitated is well biasedly opininated.

should i just fall into line and say, "yes tom, you are my source for world politics."

sorry just can't do it!

and oh yeah, cite your sources.

Sources for WHAT? Sources for information in my brain? So what you're telling me is you'd like me to do the work for you and research historical events which you should already know?

Tell you what, I'll play your game .. you tell me the fact you are having trouble with, and I'll come up with a legitimate source.

erik said:

oh so there are no direct sources in which you are quoting.

thats what i thought!

thanks!

wave.gif

Just as I thought, you can't think for yourself and you need your buddies to tell you the war is for oil and can't come up with one single iota of logic to argue your point.

My point has been made. Go US! Bomb Saddam!

AlpineK said:

No Tom you made the statements. you need to cite your sources.

Just think what would happen if some scientist came out with a new theory and then told everyone to look up his references.

Cite WHICH sources AlpineK? You name them, I'll cite them.

It's hard to believe that the only thing preventing you from presenting logical rebuttals is the notion that I didn't cite my sources. In my opinion, there are no sources to cite in the above posts. If you feel differently, point me to the fact in question and, like I said, I would be more than happy to cite a legitimate source. But please don't let this affect your ability to argue logically. A good debator will have no problem picking apart a counter argument regardless of whether or not sources have been cited for the point they're arguing against.

Edit : And while we're on the subject of citing sources, I want to see sources cited for the war for oil argument.

tom,

i dont remember stating any point, oil, human rights or the world wide ring of terror for the reason of war. doesn't really matter does it, since the war has already started.

i never asked for justifaction. you just seem to flaunt the words "facts" around so i wanted to read them for myself(would that me attempting to educate myself so i could debate with an educated stance? i always read both sides, so i was looking for your special "facts" that you constantly quote yet do not provide.

you claim that i am one sided, yet i have not made a stand on it. where do you get this? oh let me guess, since i question tom, the "authority" on the subject.

tell me the books you have read. i will go check them out.

how tall is your soap box anyways? don't fall off.

wave.gif

erik said:

tom,

i dont remember stating any point, oil, human rights or the world wide ring of terror for the reason of war. doesn't really matter does it, since the war has already started.

i never asked for justifaction. you just seem to flaunt the words "facts" around so i wanted to read them for myself(would that me attempting to educate myself so i could debate with an educated stance? i always read both sides, so i was looking for your special "facts" that you constantly quote yet do not provide.

you claim that i am one sided, yet i have not made a stand on it. where do you get this? oh let me guess, since i question tom, the "authority" on the subject.

tell me the books you have read. i will go check them out.

how tall is your soap box anyways? don't fall off.

wave.gif

How am I on a soapbox? You're always going to get someone feeling this way when their opinion gets debated .. this is because one person feels they are right, and this same person feels the other is wrong. This is inherent condescention in a way because no matter how you argue, you are attempting to take credibility away from the other person's argument. If you feel this puts me on a soapbox, then like I said earlier, that's your problem. I stand by my opinions 100% whether that puts me on a soapbox, or makes me the evil villain of death. Bomb Saddam!

And quit being so damned touchy feely! bigdrink.gif

tomcat said:

And someone tell me how this war is about Oil.

hahaha.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifhahaha.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

ARE you fucking joking you troll???

as adventuregal already stated:"Haven't contracts already been given to US Oil companies to rebuild the wells, etc. after Bush is done blowing them up? In the current administration's eyes, US control of oil=more money=more power. Also, Much of Europe and Japan get a high perecentage of their oil from the Middle East. Controlling the majority of the world's oil sources is just another tool our government can use to manipulate other countries. It's not about oil for the US. We have enough. It's about staying in the position as the dominant world power. So although the war is not completely about oil, it seems to be a definite factor in determining our government's actions. Then again... What do I know? I'm just another one of those uneducated college students. Let's just hope it's all over soon...

please read this book THE CREATURE FROM JEKYLL ISLAND

should clear up all the confussion.... wave.gif

Szyjakowski said:

tomcat said:

And someone tell me how this war is about Oil.

hahaha.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifhahaha.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

ARE you fucking joking you troll???

as adventuregal already stated:"Haven't contracts already been given to US Oil companies to rebuild the wells, etc. after Bush is done blowing them up? In the current administration's eyes, US control of oil=more money=more power. Also, Much of Europe and Japan get a high perecentage of their oil from the Middle East. Controlling the majority of the world's oil sources is just another tool our government can use to manipulate other countries. It's not about oil for the US. We have enough. It's about staying in the position as the dominant world power. So although the war is not completely about oil, it seems to be a definite factor in determining our government's actions. Then again... What do I know? I'm just another one of those uneducated college students. Let's just hope it's all over soon...

please read this book THE CREATURE FROM JEKYLL ISLAND

should clear up all the confussion.... wave.gif

Hey bro, go read what I wrote above .. that should clear up my rebuttals to Adventuregal's arguments.

I still haven't seen any logical arguments. yellowsleep.gif

It's propaganda like THE CREATURE FROM JEKYLL ISLAND that gets the peace lovers in a frenzy. Sure, if you only read one book in your life, you may adapt to the fallacy that this war is for oil.