CMI small ultrascenders

iain

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a set of standards for fire rescue. Generally they are more stringent and more oriented towards higher static safety factors (15:1 I believe) edit: actually apparently the NFPA never actually says 15:1, but it is implied by some agencies...or something like that

Edited by iain

IceIceBaby said:

mbcracken said:

Does anyone know what the difference between non-NFPA and NFPA? confused.gif -Mike

NFPA it is certification of the product for use for a rescue/life depending situations

cantfocus.gif

Thanks...

So, iain, why the smaller ones? Is it just for weight savings? I guess the question is then is the weight savings worth the smaller hand grip? Just curious why you're investigating the smaller ones.

-Mike

yeah that's the dilemma I'm in. I finally have succumbed to getting a pair for mtn rescue stuff but I don't want to pack in some monster things if I can't get a ride into somewhere, etc. So I thought these were a good compromise as they have worked out well for cavers, abusers of ascenders (but don't care about weight so much). I like the handles which the ushba minis don't have. I don't think they would work well w/ gloves though.