Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • olyclimber

      WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

      We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
meganerd

what ya'll doing over spring break?

Recommended Posts

So fellow college climber bums, spring break is near and I don't know what to do. The weather is looking shitty (maybe an outside chance early next week). What's everybody else got planned that's climbing related? Maybe you can give me some ideas.

 

No I can't afford to go to Cancun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meganerd said:

So fellow college climber bums, spring break is near and I don't know what to do. The weather is looking shitty (maybe an outside chance early next week). What's everybody else got planned that's climbing related? Maybe you can give me some ideas.

 

No I can't afford to go to Cancun.

 

 

Same problem too looks like banff or smith rocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trask said:

headin' to Texas for Gurlz gone wild.

 

Sorry... I think you missed them. They were there last week. My roommate is in some footage. The obnoxious one who likes to try to pick up climber guys... Seriously. shocked.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlpinistAndrew said:

going to smith rocks for a couple days to do some rock climbing and just hanging out. bigdrink.gifmushsmile.gifthumbs_up.gif.

 

 

If we go down there we might have to throw a pub club party at grass lands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to the Fairy Meadows Hut up in BC to go skiing...uh I mean I'm going to the Fairy Meadows Hut in BC to read books, get drunk, sit in the sauna, and watch avalanches rip down all the slopes I wanna ski.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spring Break? Shit, college was so long ago I barely even remember what Spring Break was. But, if I had one, I'd probably be at Smith or somewhere, too. Party on, litttle dudes!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greg_W said:

Spring Break? Shit, college was so long ago I barely even remember what Spring Break was. But, if I had one, I'd probably be at Smith or somewhere, too. Party on, litttle dudes!!!

 

 

Hey greg your aren't that old... come'n down with us a party like you did back what 5 years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those of us in the working world need spring breaks too. In fact, I've decided it's BS that we work 5 days a week and get 2 off. Let's get an initiative on the ballot to change the work week to 4 days and add quarterly breaks.

 

Sigh....I wish... rolleyes.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skisports said:

Greg_W said:

Spring Break? Shit, college was so long ago I barely even remember what Spring Break was. But, if I had one, I'd probably be at Smith or somewhere, too. Party on, litttle dudes!!!

 

 

Hey greg your aren't that old... come'n down with us a party like you did back what 5 years ago?

 

Try 11-14 years ago, but thanks. Can't make the trip, man; already been to Smith this year (two weeks ago, actually). Gotta climb granite, man. You going to be back in the area this summer, skisports?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to when I'm out of school and have a 9 to 5 cubicle job like jja. Then I can go climbing EVERY WEEKEND and still have the money to be a gear slut. I just can't wait! wave.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cracked said:

I'm looking forward to when I'm out of school and have a 9 to 5 cubicle job like jja. Then I can go climbing EVERY WEEKEND and still have the money to be a gear slut. I just can't wait! wave.gif

 

Ahh, cracked, so naive...soon, you'll be in this "wonderful" working work and you'll discover the awful secret that the weather is timed to FUCK YOU and RAIN every g'damn weekend and the other 5 days are sunny. madgo_ron.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be heading west may 16th working and climbing till aug.. from there heading east to the winds tetons and bugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I already know that. I'm in school, remember. So some of my weekends are open. Besides, there's no such thing as bad weather, just inapproprate clothing. yelrotflmao.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

going out to visit my bro on the east coast, and still making it home for 5 days at smith/leavenworth/squamish, but my breaks not for a couple weeks! moon.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Distel32 said:

going out to visit my bro on the east coast, and still making it home for 5 days at smith/leavenworth/squamish, but my breaks not for a couple weeks! moon.gif

 

 

That sucks for you because you don't get out for the summer untill june

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

exactly, first week of june, but then I'm off to yosemite for a month suckas! that two week limit will be bypassed. tuolumne is going to be sick! rockband.gifrockband.gifwazzup.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tuolumne in june rolleyes.gif its a bit early snow still . you would probably be beter of in the valley.. tuolumne rocks in sept or oct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I'd be gone june 15-july15. you really think it'll be snowed in till then....well might have to push it back a few weeks.....but it's still going to be awesome snaf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×