Pilchuck Ski

scot'teryx

Went up this Sunday (3/16) abd was amazed that we could drive all the way to the TH. Only a little snow stopped most people about 1/8 mile before the TH. When we went up a few weeks ago we had to park at mile 3.5 out of 7 because the snow was so deep.

I was able to skin out of the lot, but a few spots I had to take them off as we headed up the trail route instead of the north side route (most direct). Once we were at about mile 1.5 we were hitting dirt again, and lots of rocks exposed. I trashed my skins. The upper part of the mountain actually got some snow, and it was snowing there today at about 3500' on up. Had to use the new snow saw to cut the ice out to gain access to the lookout tower. Had some decent turns up top, but there was a crust layer underneath the new 2-3" of snow that deposited last night. Only set off one minor loose snow avy on the way down since we opted for the north side route for the return

Spring is right around the corner, but where was winter?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic