oregon high, selcted climbs in the cascades,

skyclimb

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one what?

Is better?

Selected is better . It has the routes that you lay awake weeks before dreaming about.

I am calling Jeff Thomas right now to see if he can get his New Oregon High out. He was supposed to have it out 3 years ago madgo_ron.gif

cracked said:

Oregon High is FAR better for climbs in Oregon. No comparison. (No offense pms).

Well...no shit!! fruit.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Since it apparently isn't obvious, the majority of good climbing in the cascades is in washington, so that is what 95% of the book is going to be about. Oregon high is orgeon specific, so of course it'll be better for oregon.

fwiw, there is a store in eugene that still has copies of Oregon High. Forgot the URL, but definately, for Oregon, there is no other book.

You could always get Smoots' Cascade Volcanoes, and constantly read "Please check Oregon High for more info". I never understood that.

gapertimmy said:

fwiw, there is a store in eugene that still has copies of Oregon High. Forgot the URL, but definately, for Oregon, there is no other book.

Climb Max in Portland has many new copies of Oregon High.

Nick Dodge's guide is pretty cool too--if you can find it. I've got my sites set on a few of those climbs this spring/summer. Anyone want to climb some choss with me? Ropes optional.

Even in Nick Dodges book which was written in the late 70's, there is very little info on more technical alpine climbs. However he does hit upon rooster rock, for all you who know whats up. All i have to say is i bushwacked this "basin", and wow. But anyways, gotta keep my head in one place. Ohigh is the shizzle. Right on! rockband.gif

The Dodge guide is a masterpiece of old school guide books. I am fortunate to have 2 of the older copies(1968) and 2 of the newer copies(1975). It is the piece of literature that got me inspired to climb as far back as I can remember.Occasionally acopy will surface at Powells. It is riddled with mistakes. The Smith section has one on every page, as the legend goes. Showing, however, all 20 of the routes at Smith. I hope you youngins all get to see this hallowed book. It is marvelous.