• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
JoshK

Weekend wx sucks again, whats everybody doing?

I used to think that was the right thing to do. I used to carry a 10.5 mm 60 m rope for glacier travel. Any laughing I do is at my own expense too.

But I do laff. And laff, and laff long. yelrotflmao.gif

fruit.gif

I still do climb on glaciers w/ a long 9.something rope. I can't afford 6 billion different ropes for all this stuff.

iain said:

I still do climb on glaciers w/ a long 9.something rope. I can't afford 6 billion different ropes for all this stuff.

Six billion rolleyes.gif. Back to school for you Iain.

No wonder you couldn't figure out that mind reading site yellaf.gif

allison said:

Oh, great, Attitude is posting today.

I will be hiding under the bed until he is done getting me in trouble. shocked.gif

Note to self: hahaha.gif

well seriously is a 10.5x60 rope going to ruin all possibility of success for the climbs most are doing out there? give me a break.

IAIN

no

but half of bein bitchin is lookin bitchin and with such a mtneers/mazama spec'd rope you are a dork!!!

cry.gif

iain said:

well seriously is a 10.5x60 rope going to ruin all possibility of success for the climbs most are doing out there? give me a break.

Iain, many people every weekend are proving your assertion correct on Mt. Si.

I walked around my neighborhood late Saturday night with my new pack on, stuffed with rope (10.5x60, of course), rack, helmet(!), and harness. I thought about trying to climb a building or something, but I couldn't find anything I wanted to free solo with a pack on. Police cars kept driving by, too.

I am a bigger dork than all those Mounties put together. It was frickin' Saturday night! At least Mt. Si is a mountain!

Geek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gifGeek_em8.gif

speaking of buildering, for all those who live in north seattle, have you ever seen the ashworth building on ashworth just north of 80th on the N side of glake? about 20ft, solid brick, looks like a cool lieback.......any takers? perfect grass landing! mushsmile.gifwazzup.gif

hehe. true enough iain. silver lining is if you use the fatty rope your prussiks wont slip as much!!