Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • olyclimber

      WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

      We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
JoshK

Weekend wx sucks again, whats everybody doing?

Recommended Posts

trask said:

I was up there and carried my lawn chair, a walkman, some green and a six pack of pbr. Chilled up top in style (not forgeting my cigars of course).

 

wp-243.jpg

 

That's the best thing you've ever posted!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friends arrived late from Issaquah and we were all lethargic and not to keen on heading into the mountains, where the sky was very black. So we skipped out on the 'W trifecta'. Instead bouldered inside, went for a hike at Squires Lake and bouldered over there on some sandstone.

 

Now emailing my groomsmen to get measurements for their tuxes, picking out an island in the south pacific for honeymoon (nice room for a week of snooking, and then diving and boulders cool.gif)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinkin' the next time I go up Si, i'll take a couple flats of pop and an 8' table and set up on the top and charge 2bucks per soda..... good workout and I'll make some bank... anyone wanna help?? bigdrink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dulton said:

I'm thinkin' the next time I go up Si, i'll take a couple flats of pop and an 8' table and set up on the top and charge 2bucks per soda..... good workout and I'll make some bank... anyone wanna help?? bigdrink.gif

 

I'm in. Give me a 30% take and I'll carry the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoshK said:

jja said:

chucK said:

THE MIGHTY MOUNT SI!!!

 

 

I saw many people hiking with

GIANT HCL.gif packs.

A guy in plastics 2.

 

crazy mushsmile.gif

 

I got there relatively early - 7ish, so I caught the gaper show on the way down. It wasn't just the plastics and giant packs some of these folks had, but full alpine regalia complete with helmets, ice axes, and one dude with - I shit you not - wands!!

 

.. but hey, if I wasn't such a gaper myself I would have been somewhere other than si.

 

LOL...man, Si cracks me up. It's always good for a laugh. I ran up last week during the pouring rain and saw all sorts of madness. One guy had these giant ass 36" alaskan powder style snowshoes strapped to his pack. I guess he needed them for the 6" of slush up on the summit! yelrotflmao.gif

Worked! hellno3d.gif Supposed to be unemployed.

People on Si crack me up....Me fanny pack-them big back pack-"Hey you dont have the __ essentials" rolleyes.gifyellaf.gif

Last time up a few weeks ago it was many plastics on parade. pitty.gif. I say instead of carrying water up there carry beer (in cans).

fruit.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To_The_Top said:

I say instead of carrying water up there carry beer (in cans).

fruit.gif

 

TTT, if you bring enough to share/sell I'll give you 10% of my cut!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dulton said:

To_The_Top said:

I say instead of carrying water up there carry beer (in cans).

fruit.gif

 

TTT, if you bring enough to share/sell I'll give you 10% of my cut!

No way--50/50 and then we share!

cc.com hike of Si is a good thing

TTT bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To_The_Top said:

No way--50/50 and then we share!

cc.com hike of Si is a good thing

TTT bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

 

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Hahaha.... if we make enough cash, we could set up in the crater on Rainier.... (wow, i think i'm taking this too far......)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dulton said:

To_The_Top said:

No way--50/50 and then we share!

cc.com hike of Si is a good thing

TTT bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

 

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Hahaha.... if we make enough cash, we could set up in the crater on Rainier.... (wow, i think i'm taking this too far......)

I have taken Rainier beer to the top many times and tried to get those gung-ho at Muir to drink it at the summit for photo-ops and have had few takers....

It tastes better at 4K than at 14K bigdrink.gif

I would take beer to the summit of any mountian if it got drunk at the top.

TTT fruit.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

going up an easy peak specifically to make fun of people who don't waste their entire useful lives climbing (and subsequently don't know all the details about how to be efficient, etc) strikes me as a bit odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

almost as odd as waking up at 6:30 AM and logging onto cc.com while the coffee perks snaf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dru said:

almost as odd as waking up at 6:30 AM and logging onto cc.com while the coffee perks snaf.gif

indeed, and how odd you would be the one to discover this. did you ever leave? snaf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iain,

You make some interesting observations.

 

I remember someone asking me if I went climbing a lot. My first reaction was to say, "No, not really". Which is true in an absolute sense, compared to other people I read about here. But when focused into my own little world, the answer more pertinent is, "Yes I pretty much spend every minute I have for recreation on climbing, or training for climbing".

 

As for people training for Rainier on Si, I wasn't intending to laugh at them so much as merely marvel thumbs_up.gif.

 

I wonder if those guys have their packs packed so carefully as to be carrying x days of food, toothpaste and toilet paper?

 

There were a couple of cool-looking cracks up on the Haystack up there; however, the approach is a bit of a deterrent. Anybody here done any of them? That big chimney with all the chockstones looks like it'd be a hoot (seriously) in a mossy chimney kinda way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dru said:

almost as odd as waking up at 6:30 AM and logging onto cc.com while the coffee perks snaf.gif

 

Time to bring this one up to the top again!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chucK said:

As for people training for Rainier on Si, I wasn't intending to laugh at them so much as merely marvel thumbs_up.gif.

 

I wonder if those guys have their packs packed so carefully as to be carrying x days of food, toothpaste and toilet paper?

 

Why do you care?

 

For a bunch of self-proclaimed individualists, this board contains people quick to ridicule others for doing things different than them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, great, Attitude is posting today.

 

I will be hiding under the bed until he is done getting me in trouble. shocked.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

attitude!! i dont!!! i dont!!!

 

i used to, but i grew up!! now my attacks are personal and pointed!! no more genalizations.

 

unless you are a self proclaimed politco!!!!

 

wave.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geek_the_Greek said:

I ridicule everybody, including myself. Life is ridiculous, climbing, even more so.

what is this, a Camus text?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. Early morning philosophy, grumpiness, etc.

 

A strange part of me wants to pack all my climbing gear in my biggest pack, or maybe drag along a sled, and drag it all up Si, compas and GPS around my neck, checking coordinates every minute, and making loud commentary on current conditions and the likelihood on summitting. Wouldn't that be fun, to secretly laugh at all the great stares and looks from "wiser climbers"?

Perhaps some of the gumbies up there were doing just that (but really, probably not).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Attitude said:

chucK said:

As for people training for Rainier on Si, I wasn't intending to laugh at them so much as merely marvel thumbs_up.gif.

 

I wonder if those guys have their packs packed so carefully as to be carrying x days of food, toothpaste and toilet paper?

 

Why do you care?

 

For a bunch of self-proclaimed individualists, this board contains people quick to ridicule others for doing things different than them.

 

You are so right Attitude. Those guys on training for Rainier on Si are not hurting anyone. Not getting in anyone's way. I think people should mind their own business and definitely not ridicule them.

 

On the other hand, what is wrong with describing something with which you were surprised at? Talking about something that makes you wonder? That's how I felt about those guys carrying their meticulously packed Rainier gear up Mt. Si. It just brings many questions to mind. Boring questions perhaps, but there's not much interesting going on on this board right now. I had read of this phenomenon on the board but was genuinely surprised at the prevalence of the Rainier packs. Sorry to sound like I'm belittling them.

 

So anyway, I am NOT laughing at those guys. I could see how there are probably much worse ways to get in shape to climb Mt. Rainier. More power to 'em. bigdrink.gif They probably won't be those punters that end up slowing the whole group down and costing the summit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×