Weekend wx sucks again, whats everybody doing?

JoshK

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoshK said:

Dru said:

tax forms cantfocus.gif

refund laugh.gifbigdrink.gif

Your taxes done on the same schedule as ours, dru?

No, whenever seal clubbing season ends and igloo melts, its just coincidence its now with this warm weather smirk.gif

bigdrink.gif

actually, yes

Gotta file by April 1 but hey, big refund = reason enough to do it early.

chucK said:

THE MIGHTY MOUNT SI!!!

I saw many people hiking with

GIANT HCL.gif packs.

A guy in plastics 2.

crazy mushsmile.gif

I got there relatively early - 7ish, so I caught the gaper show on the way down. It wasn't just the plastics and giant packs some of these folks had, but full alpine regalia complete with helmets, ice axes, and one dude with - I shit you not - wands!!

.. but hey, if I wasn't such a gaper myself I would have been somewhere other than si.

jja said:

chucK said:

THE MIGHTY MOUNT SI!!!

GIANT HCL.gif packs.

A guy in plastics 2.

crazy mushsmile.gif

I got there relatively early - 7ish, so I caught the gaper show on the way down. It wasn't just the plastics and giant packs some of these folks had, but full alpine regalia complete with helmets, ice axes, and one dude with - I shit you not - wands!!

.. but hey, if I wasn't such a gaper myself I would have been somewhere other than si.

LOL...man, Si cracks me up. It's always good for a laugh. I ran up last week during the pouring rain and saw all sorts of madness. One guy had these giant ass 36" alaskan powder style snowshoes strapped to his pack. I guess he needed them for the 6" of slush up on the summit! yelrotflmao.gif

JoshK said:

LOL...man, Si cracks me up. It's always good for a laugh. I ran up last week during the pouring rain and saw all sorts of madness. One guy had these giant ass 36" alaskan powder style snowshoes strapped to his pack. I guess he needed them for the 6" of slush up on the summit! yelrotflmao.gif

I want to live in washington again so I can fit in with all the the posers. I have never done mount si... I think i do it this summer and bring wands and 36' snow shoes with and I will have some take my pic at the top and post it on cc yelrotflmao.gifthumbs_up.gif

jja said:

chucK said:

THE MIGHTY MOUNT SI!!!

GIANT HCL.gif packs.

A guy in plastics 2.

crazy mushsmile.gif

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif My calculations included...

Plastics: 2 (Gotta break them in sometime right?)

Helmets: 2 (Probably for the Haystack)

Axes: 10 (Don't wanna slip on the muddy trail!! And besides they look so friggin' cool!!)

Shovels: 2 (Lets make an igloo!!)

WANDS: 2!!!!!! (I don't want to get lost... SHEESH!)

Honestly tho... if you wanted to carry the weight wouldn't be easier to take a bunch of water and then drain it all on the top to save your knees?? I refuse to beleive these people actually think they NEED this gear, but are going for the workout (like me). I'm not a fan of weight... I'd rather go fast and light and go up and down a couple times rather than carrying 50 or 60lbs on my back.

I'm with you dulton. Even if you do want the weight, taking water and dumping it is a lot better than gypsying a bunch of gear onto your pack just to look like a tool. I also agree that simply speeding your ass up is better excercise and a lot less wear and tear on the joints. I suppose I can sort of buy the rationale that if you are training to carry weight, then carrying weight is good.