jordop

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ryland_moore said:

Any chance they could be near Whittier or Colross Pass area? I remember some granite that looked similar to that sea kayaking in PWS a few years back. We camped near the Neliwan (sp?) glacier and had a view that was similar but not sure if it is the same or not.

Nellie Juan is the spelling. Did the rock there really look that good? I've been curious about that (quite remote) area ever since I noticed the granite on a geologic map. If it's that pretty, then I'm definately going to visit.

Nellie Juan is the spelling. Did the rock there really look that good? I've been curious about that (quite remote) area ever since I noticed the granite on a geologic map. If it's that pretty, then I'm definately going to visit.

It looked good from afar, but don't know if it was far from good.

The guy that dropped us off said that there were a few climbs up the main face of one of those peaks, but because they were so remote, not too many people had climbed them. Most go to the Ruth anyways. May be worth exploring!