Where the Bloody Hell is This?

jordop

1736alas.jpg

In a travel magazine that came with my Globe and Mail this morning advertizing Alaska cruises. Probably somewhere well known but, as usual, I am dumb, especially with regards to Alaska cantfocus.gif

Shitters, looks like big stuff! Face on the left looks like Tombstone, towers on the right look like Pantheon. fruit.gif Sorry, that's a staple upper left, not a free standing Mithral spire rolleyes.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've done some aerial sea lion surveys around the juneau area(and tend to spend a lot of time looking for climbing possibilities smile.gif) and those towers don't look familiar to me, I bet they are down closer to Petersburg or Wrangell. The Stikine/Devil's Thumb area?

actually, i just got back from a slideshow given by the famous fred becky, who put up routes on these peaks, and who is a legend in the climbing community. He showed slides of these peaks, and although i don't recall the names, they are in B.C. close to alberta.

skyclimb said:

actually, i just got back from a slideshow given by the famous fred becky, who put up routes on these peaks, and who is a legend in the climbing community. He showed slides of these peaks, and although i don't recall the names, they are in B.C. close to alberta.

Ummm...near alberta and with the ocean in the foreground?