Hypothetical Ethics Question

specialed

Its usually found in the front of most area guidebooks, that a party willing to lead or that is actively working for a redpoint has priority over gang-toprope priority. Also, gang-toproping some rock types actually polishes the rock...some guidebooks even ask that you don't gang top rope...guidebooks are not the law, however

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends, if you were waiting while the before the leader finished and the belayer tells you there going to top rope the go climb, go somewhere else. If they yell down after they climbed the pitch and you waited for it then climb it.

I would ask the offending party if they minded you and your partner leading through the climb really quickly. I would point out that you had been waiting and won't be long. If they get pissy about it I'd move on. Its really not worth it to get into a pissing contest when you are climbing. Its supposed to be fun right?

Necronomicon said:

Dru said:

crag rage boxing_smiley.gif whip out your .45 and threaten em

OR: grab their packs sitting at the base of the climb, and run away with their gear laugh.gif

Are you really Canadian? You sound like you're from the states.

i have practice listening to you guys.

Help a fellow out and explain to me the humor behind the french joke regarding "go climb something else", ala Jacques Chirac. Come on. Do it.

Oh and when climbing, top-rope hording sucks. Unless you're doing it for your gumbie friends! Really.

But what the hell are they top-roping it for if they both just climbed it? If they're working it for the red-point, they MUST let you climb it first. I would absolutely insist. Pack theft might come into play at this junction.

Yes, after careful consideration, they really should let you climb it. They just had their fun, and it's time to let others go. I believe this is rather common etiquette. No route hogging.

sexual_chocolate said:

Help a fellow out and explain to me the humor behind the french joke regarding "go climb something else", ala Jacques Chirac. Come on. Do it.

I think you know full-well, but to entertain you, it was a reference to the french-bashing that was going on here for upwards of a week after the last u.n. security council meeting. "surrender monkeys" and whatnot.

Fuck 'em. And climb with Adamson, Borbon, or Charlie, who says there needs to be more fights at the crags. madgo_ron.gif

WAIT A SECOND!!! A LAW STUDENT/FUTURE LAWYER CONCERNED ABOUT ETHICS????? WHAT'S THIS WORLD COMING TO? yellaf.gif

Just kidding Specialed.

Edited by Greg_W