G3 Probe Recall

PaulB

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was making a joke about the insignificance of a recall on an avalanche probe .. maybe I'm wrong, I apologize in advance if that's the case.

I know I'd be pretty upset if I tried to locate my climbing partner in a debris field and my probe fell apart, not to mention how my climbing partner might feel.

Roger said:

I think the last grivel recall was the Rambo crampon, due to rigid front bails that were breaking.

yellaf.gifyellaf.gif yeah I meant, avalanche probes are pretty bread-and-butter, not much to malfunction. I maintain the best marketing wizards are those who can charge $40-80 for the equivalent of a tent pole and a sidewalk snow shovel and have dirtbag skiers/climbers happily pay for it!

what kind of crazy country are you guys running up there, anyway...? we may have a president who didn't even win the popular vote and is about to invade iraq, but at least we don't have serious problems like a total lack of climbing skins... confused.gif

iain said:

wasn't NAFTA supposed to solve these kinds of issues? Maybe we are not importing enough canadian bacon. No wonder pizza prices have skyrocketed, complimented by a scarcity of cheap buffalo wings and dominoes' "dots" rolleyes.gif

I've definitely had a hard time finding a toque anywhere in the states...

Dru, wipe your chin, you drooling bastard- then a serviette'll come in handy!

I paid a Damn high price for canadian bacon the other day- $6.50 (US) for a half a kilo. I think the US should turn our foreign policy AWAY from Iraq, and North Korea, and instead flex our muscles and invade Canada to ensure fair prices on AC & C's, cheap beer and back bacon. a goal of the campaign would be to ensure that Mountain Equipment Co-Op sure will ship climbing gear and skis to us!

BTW, the G3 probe recall was because they forgot to tie a knot in the cable! Duh! where's the QC?