Lowquality Pass Tuesday and Wednesday

allison

Greetings Freshenhunds! Assuming conditions stay good, I am planning on skiing Alpental Tuesday and Wednesday, and staying overnight at the Pass. I don't have any pardners to ski with yet, and would love to have some company. I only have alpine gear, and don't have BC snow safety skills yet (though I am working on it! stay tuned!) but am a pretty solid skier.

Anyone interested in hooking up, shoot me a PM by Monday night and I'll give you more details. If the Pass is sucky but Crystal is good, I might go one of those two days, but I don't have a seasons pass or lodging deal there, so am shooting for Alpental.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i might be up for some tuesday fun in the snow depending on conditions. i'm finiky! pm me if your interested we can sort out details.

i'm gonna take this opportunity to thread drift!

just a friendly reminder to those of you out in the back country please pay attention to those around you especialy if you follow their trail! We got sweeped by an minor avy started by some snowboarders above us yesterday. No harm done but i didn't appreciate having these kids use our trail to follow us up most of the way.

They went up a bit further than we did (didn't like the looks of the slope), they knew full well where we were and couldn't wait for the path to clear before starting!

It was only about 4' of snow and none of us got burried but i spent an hour trying to find my polls! OK-maybe not an hour but a long time darn it!

I was up at Alpy with 3,000 of my closest friends today (fortunately, the Pass was closed Eastbound for a while or it would have been a total cluster cluck). Snowed 5-6 inches in the 4 hours we were there, but getting gloppy by the end. Upper part of Chair 2 was light and worth it (tho' the light was super flat), even the 15 minute wait at the bottom.

I was talking to a patroller in line (yeah, hard to belive a boarder would talk with a patroller and he wouldn't cut the line), and he was predicting they'd be open to mid-April- take that for what it's worth. From the forecasts I've seen, sounds like Tuesday will be the better day, since freezing levels are supposed to bounce up to 5,000 on Wednesday. Regardless, today was the best snow that I've had alll season. Go for it.