anybody go up today?

eternalX

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoshK said:

Crystal has gotten FIFTY inches in the past 48 hours. Rock it dude, it's gonna be awesome. I'm off to Stevens in about 10 minutes.

damn boy, how many fridays in a row ya gonna skip before The Man begins asking the hard questions?

I looked out my window today and saw an inch of fresh here at sea level so I thought "Hey, it'll be deep and sweet a 3000' higher on the hill, I should skip school!" and I looked at the mountain conditions and they only got 2" on a 2' base. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

ivan said:

JoshK said:

Crystal has gotten FIFTY inches in the past 48 hours. Rock it dude, it's gonna be awesome. I'm off to Stevens in about 10 minutes.

damn boy, how many fridays in a row ya gonna skip before The Man begins asking the hard questions?

Today was actually a paid ski day for our team grin.gifgrin.gifrockband.gif

It was an embarrassment of riches today (friday). I actually saw someone with a snorkel. I got stuck in the deep stuff because 20 degrees was just not steep enough to move through it, but fortunately I had my Cousteau Society card with me. I just called up Jacques, and he brought the Calypso overhead and lowered me a line.

FUN fruit.gif

HUMBLING cry.gif

FUN fruit.gif

HUMBLING cry.gif

FUN fruit.gif

HUMBLING cry.gif

FUN fruit.gif

HUMBLING cry.gif

Hee hee, not as much as an ego-fest as last weekend, but way fun. My eleven year old friend had a great time too, her first big pow day ever. You might have seen us at Crystal yesteday, we were the two babes that kept yelling FRESHIEZZZZZZ!!!!

That snow has been FINE! Ohmigod, it's truly chest deep powder out in the cascades this weekend, so rare- Snorkel alert is right!

never have i seen so many people, INBOUNDS, sunk up to their necks after an augering crash renders them completely helpless.

All day long, seeing just peoples' heads and shoulders sticking out of the snow, saying "I'm stuck, I'm stuck" over and over again!

The snow is way dangerous right now, though- by saturday afternoon where i was at, the snow off piste was setting up into cohesive soft slabs, shooting cracks and releasing in big blocks. Glad I was in the trees, but this makes the tree wells doubly dangerous, every little terrain trap was loaded and ready to release, i hope for the best for anyone out in the backcountry today.

Woo-hoo. Was up at gappertimmy land for the amazing dump on Friday. Excellent backcountry practice as nothing was groomed and the average was knee deep. Over at Outback it was hip-deep. I stayed with the tele-gear though it would have been perfect for a board. It must have warmed up a few degrees on Saturday as the snow was noticebly denser. Spent Sunday morning dragging myself up a few routes at Smith before flying home (courtesy of work).