sun peaks

eternalX

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there a month ago. Took the whole family and went with many others. Great place, definitely family oriented (read: no great party scene) Long runs, lots of grooming, snowmaking, Some good blacks, plenty of lifts and no lines, cheap tickets and lodging. If you need a massage, Sonia Dobson of Sun Peaks Massage Therapy, excellent relaxation and sports massage! I wanted to try the snow cat deal, didn't have time. It looked tempting tho. Sounds like a great deal. bigdrink.gif

yea...that whole family orientated part scares me. i'm going with my family up to whistler in two weeks...this was going to be more of a girlfriend get-away. sounds like i should swap the places. too bad that's not an option.

are there at least some decent bars? it's gotta be better then say, glacier

what was the drive like once you get into BC?

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

The drive is beautiful, should be done during the day. Keep an eye out for Yak Peak! There is a toll road, like $10 US. There are a couple bars and definitely some young locals but it is no Whistler, but better than Glacier (unless you know the right folks wink.gif. If you are not searching for girls then should be an opportunity for some one on one time. If you really want to party you two could mushsmile.gif and go skiing! Always fun...

I need to meet this people in glacier!

I don't think i could handle the mushsmile.gif boarding, though.

5.5 hours is tough. Maybe head up early friday morning and get there by noon for a half day of skiing, full day back country on saturday, and a half day to fullday on sunday. i guess that wouldn't be too bad:) i think i'm dreaming again. damn having to work when it's sonwing so hard. can't wait until 5pm to head up to alpental

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

If you are thinking of coming up to SunPeaks, this is the weekend to do it. It just snowed 35cm's and another 15-20 is expected this weekend. Temperatures are expected to climb starting Monday. Right now its a little chilly (-18deg C) Careful on the drive, here's the webcam on the Coquihalla summit.

Nasty

Skip the backcountry snowcat. Its a good deal for a reason. I can make a 10minute hike out and poach the same runs the cat takes you on. Not worth it.

Nightlife - yeah it is a family hill and the nightlife is nothing like Whistler but you can still have a pretty good time. There's a new club called "Macdaddy's" but I haven't heard any feedback about it.