texplorer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wayne1112 said:

I agree and disagree with the "One good mt." There is so much more to Oregon than you can find . Have you ever seen the North Cirque of Mt Theilsen?,Few have,... it is spectacular as any place I have been! The Turkey Monster? (CHOOOSSS, though cool ) . Mt Washington? The Wallowas? The Rabbit Ears? I think Oregon is better than 45 of the other states!

Shit... I think i've only been to one other state that I thought was better than Oregon... And that was Alaska...

You'd be hard pressed to convince me that Mt. Washington is worthy of any significance save for its absolute chossiness. There may be a couple solid pitches on it but hardly worth the slag you climb getting to them.

But then, Wayne, you groove on that pucker factor don't ya? the_finger.gif

I strongly disagree. I have had a great time on Mt. Washington. The choss at times is part of the experience. The west face is a great route. So are parts of the west ridge and the east buttress. Yeah if you're looking for awesome granite you've come to the wrong place but if you're out for a good adventure I think it's a lot of fun.

texplorer said:

Oregon is much more than that. We have one cool mountain, a sporto-destination, and of course lots of choss.

I think tex was being a little sarcastic. He really knows that Jeff has some cool routes and there are other "good" mountains in Orygon. The sisters supposedly have some fun routes and even some of difficulty but I hesitate to call them great peaks. Tex probably feels that way because he constantly hears about wankers slogging up them for some "good turns". I guess its just what your after. Oregon does have alot to offer and only now have begun to exhaust its supply of famous lines and routes. That is why I started this post, cause I know there are more gems out there awaiting my hands for jamming.

PS Wayne I would hardly say that the rabbit ears and those other gorge "classics" are really spectacular climbs. Fun, IMHO nothing to compare to the rock and mtns up in wash and Druland.

iain said:

Dru said:

i dont have anything to say but i want to piss all over your thread snaf.gif

I just wanted to respond to your post because EVERYDAY I TRAIN TO BE ONE OF THE TOP 5 CC.COM POSTERS WHILE ERIK IS IN CALI

10 000 or bust snaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gif

texplorer said:

texplorer said:

Oregon is much more than that. We have one cool mountain, a sporto-destination, and of course lots of choss.

I think tex was being a little sarcastic. He really knows that Jeff has some cool routes and there are other "good" mountains in Orygon. The sisters supposedly have some fun routes and even some of difficulty but I hesitate to call them great peaks. Tex probably feels that way because he constantly hears about wankers slogging up them for some "good turns". I guess its just what your after. Oregon does have alot to offer and only now have begun to exhaust its supply of famous lines and routes. That is why I started this post, cause I know there are more gems out there awaiting my hands for jamming.

PS Wayne I would hardly say that the rabbit ears and those other gorge "classics" are really spectacular climbs. Fun, IMHO nothing to compare to the rock and mtns up in wash and Druland.

you mean like this here unclimbed slab 151704-charleswall.JPG

151704-charleswall.JPG.a6b24ca2fa9b100a089345c9818e87df.JPG

iain said:

texplorer said:

wankers slogging up them for some "good turns".

skiable terrain doesn't have to be a slog... hahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gif

pbpic338.jpg

Whoa sweet pick dude. That's way better than recycling the "Is Washington choss or not?" argument. I still want to climb the East Butt even though I think the whole mountain is going to collapse one of these days.

I meant Rabbit ears in OREGON. The one near Crater Lake.

"Any fool can climb rock . It takes a special fool to climb bad rock" -Tom Patey.

I am a better climber for doing the choss dance. Even the best routes will have a mank session. Experience with it will keep you with a cool head.

W. Face of Washington is Beckey 4th class, and I think that Dodge gives it 5.5. I think. Or maybe I misremember. Does Oregon High give it 5.6? Maybe you're right. But it isn't hard, just scary. I want to do the North Ridge when there's ice, and I really want to do the West Ridge. The dinnerplates are supposed to be the best part of it! snaf.gif

I heard lots about how crappy the rock was on 3FJ before I did it last summer. I was pleased at how decent the rock was. I've encountered much worse. I think volcanoes get somewhat of a bum rap as being nothing but choss. I don't trust any holds til I test 'em, but I had lots of fun playing around on 3FJ, Thielsen, Broken Top, and the Crater Lake area last summer w/ some pretty solid rock and about the most nubbins I've ever seen anywhere.

what that butte like formation outside of medford? it looks like it has some interesting faces on it?! i bet it is like sacred to the indians though??

lamebone you can grid bolt sport routes on rap!! i will help!!