proper breakfast diet

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steel cut oats with flax seeds, grade B maple syrup or sunflower seed butter, whatever fruit is around (usually bananas or frozen berries). You can also add nuts to it...I like cashews or almonds

or

juiced apple, orange, carrots, grapefruit, ginger, spinach, with protein powder. (basically whatever fruit is around)

Steel cut oats with flax seeds, grade B maple syrup or sunflower seed butter, whatever fruit is around (usually bananas or frozen berries). You can also add nuts to it...I like cashews or almonds

or

juiced apple, orange, carrots, grapefruit, ginger, spinach, with protein powder. (basically whatever fruit is around)

Finally, another granola hippie!

When I'm super active I cant' stomach the knarly grease in the mornings.... it'll just end up back on the counter...

I like the whole oatmeal with whey protein powder, flaxseed, almonds, honey, cinnamon and whatever other super high calorie stuff you can think of.

Either that, or just copious quantities of dark chocolate and thermos esspresso...... nothing works better than pure adrenal carnage to get you up a glacier at 1:00am! :hcluv:

or

When I'm super active I cant' stomach the knarly grease in the mornings.... it'll just end up back on the counter...

I like the whole oatmeal with whey protein powder, flaxseed, almonds, honey, cinnamon and whatever other super high calorie stuff you can think of.

Either that, or just copious quantities of dark chocolate and thermos esspresso...... nothing works better than pure adrenal carnage to get you up a glacier at 1:00am! :hcluv:

steel cut oats are the best kick start for in the morning cuz they take alot of energy to digest which starts the body up....so i hear. and I forgot about coffee. Oh and replace the honey (which actually is glorified sugar) with the grade b maple syrup (full of minerals and vitamins).

I'm on a "cleanse" right now so my breakfast involves salt water and lemon/syrup/cayanne water...spam :crosseye:

"Steel cut" oats is just whole grain oats (or "oat groats"), but chopped into bitty pieces by a sharp steel blade. Has all the health benefits of eating the whole grain, but cooks way faster.

I buy oat groats. I cook them by putting it in a thermos with an appropriate amount of hot water and salt before I go to bed. In the morning, they are cooked soft. 30 sec in the microwave returns them to piping hot. I eat them with cinammon, brown sugar and soy milk. Mmmmm. I think the flax oil and maple syrop are excellent ideas, tomorrow I will try those (and drop the brown sugar).

I have had this breakfast in the mountains, just add a bit of hot water in the morning instead of microwaving to warm it up. makes it a bit liquidy, but I usually can use the hydration anyway.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

I'm still a massive fan of LOTS of chocolate.... hey, it fights free oxygen species!

I also think the blender can be a really good buddy:

simple shake

20g whey protein powder

1c 1% milk

.5 banana or 1/4 c raw oats

3tbs peanut or almond butter

3 tbs. wheat bran (this will make your poos super healthy!)

Its around 550 - 600 Kcals, is low glycemic, full of protein, and the mono and poly unsaturated fats in nut butters have been shown in studies to directly stimulate the Leydig cells in the testes....which means: TESTOSTERONE! Or, if you are female, I guess estrogen synthesis.... haven't read the female studies yet...

or

steel cut oats are the best kick start for in the morning cuz they take alot of energy to digest which starts the body up....so i hear. and I forgot about coffee. Oh and replace the honey (which actually is glorified sugar) with the grade b maple syrup (full of minerals and vitamins).

I'm on a "cleanse" right now so my breakfast involves salt water and lemon/syrup/cayanne water...spam :crosseye:

a woman i know at my office has been doing that. when i talked to her on friday she was on day 7 and had dropped more than 10 pounds. she looks like hell though and doesen't have the energy to work out. I want to try it but i don't have the time to be on my ass for 2 weeks. how is your energy level holding up to the lack of chewing stuff???

my favorite summer breakfast is a can of no sugar added peaches and frozen strawberrys. blended. it's like a slurpy.

but i usualy have 1/2 cup of oat meal mixed with a pkg of non fat no sugar added hot chocolate. (50 calories dude i sware) and the right amount of hot water to make it goowey.

there is this diner in town, the make a sausage omelate with hash browns a side of gravey and to die for blueberry coffe cake. *sigh* i love that.

nancy's yogart cut up fruite and granola, thats yummy and left over from my hippy veggie days.

6 3ggs slived turky, spinich tomato yellow peppers, greyar cheese mushrooms garlic onion and what ever else i can find Fritta mmmmmmmm

3 hard boild eggs and 2 slices of cantalope.

hmmmmm i really like breakfast.

or

a woman i know at my office has been doing that. when i talked to her on friday she was on day 7 and had dropped more than 10 pounds. she looks like hell though and doesen't have the energy to work out. I want to try it but i don't have the time to be on my ass for 2 weeks. how is your energy level holding up to the lack of chewing stuff???

This is my second cleanse (the first i did for 11 days with 2 weeks eating raw after). This time I'm going for 15 plus. I feel great actually. Lots of energy, climbing, running. I work with kids all day and its been fine. Your co-worker may not be following it EXACTLY which you really need to do. I have not lost weight, i didn't the last time either. PM me for more info.

but i usualy have 1/2 cup of oat meal mixed with a pkg of non fat no sugar added hot chocolate. (50 calories dude i sware) and the right amount of hot water to make it goowey.

I had never heard of this "recipe" until just today, when my climbing partner was describing how he had whipped it up at his campsight this morning. I thought he was being a little cavalier in his culinary combinations with this, but apparently it has a following.

Best, healthiest breakfast I remember eating was served to me by a family in Germany; they soaked oats overnight in milk, then stirred in sunflower seeds, wheat germ, sesame seeds, yogurt, fresh, kiwi, banana and strawberries before serving in the morning.

It was like a cold, hearty porridge. Good eats! :tup:

Edited by Sherri

I had never heard of this "recipe" until just today, when my climbing partner was describing how he had whipped it up at his campsight this morning. I thought he was being a little cavalier in his culinary combinations with this, but apparently it has a following.

Best, healthiest breakfast I remember eating was served to me by a family in Germany; they soaked oats overnight in milk, then stirred in sunflower seeds, wheat germ, sesame seeds, yogurt, fresh, kiwi, banana and strawberries before serving in the morning.

It was like a cold, hearty porridge. Good eats! :tup:

damn i thought i made that shit up :ooo::cry:

First off I never train in the morning. Can't stand waking up and trying to run or climb. Only time I do hard activity early in the morning is if I'm out doing something Alpine.

Even if I do get up early to do a route or something I can't choke anything before about 11am except for coffee. With Coffee or maybe a Red Bull I'm usually good for a long approach and still usually can't choke anything down till after a good number of pitches.

I usually load up the night before and call it good there. High fat and protein dinner with carbs too. I try to stay away from too much greasy foods though and if I can help it I go light on the meat.

Studies have shown your body is most active and productive for training in the late afternoon and early evening, so if you've got the choice working out then will get you more benefit over the long run.

Miloshk...is this Jakov of 3rd resource and contol:Alpine ccourse works. is time you retuned this rope and prssiking cords. only you said"2 wweks comrade" now is 17 years again, here I am find you agin Miloshk Antonopov

Zhdu vashego otveta.

or

This is my second cleanse (the first i did for 11 days with 2 weeks eating raw after). This time I'm going for 15 plus. I feel great actually. Lots of energy, climbing, running. I work with kids all day and its been fine. Your co-worker may not be following it EXACTLY which you really need to do. I have not lost weight, i didn't the last time either. PM me for more info.

Hey Brie! Are you giving up the :toad: during this cleanse? :grlaf:;)