proper breakfast diet

i am often finding that chicken strip from KFC/PFK is convenient and good for breakfast morning protien while running. bullion cubes are also making nice addition to this when on trails. at home i am almost always having steak and egg untill my wife is almost sick of making it!

these are often good breakfast foods for a climber with a very HARD training regime everyday and i would like to now what other things you are often eating in the morning as i am about to have breakfast before work. with wife in alaska it is often difficult to buy grocery with time for training and i am needing ideas. what are you eating right nowe cascade climber?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am disapointed as no one person has answered my question. it is probably true that you are all asleep and have not yet started to train or work in america which i find odd as the sun has already been up here in canada even!

i am leaving for work now and will await your response later but have eaten strips with sauce and three apricots instead of steaks with egg for today at least.

Miloshk, my apologies for deleting your last message, there was a lot of slop in here (you guys know who you are)unrelated to your initial query. It seems your question boils down to "what high protein, low carb breakfast foods do American climbers eat?" would that be correct? I like chicken and peanut butter, myself (kind of like Thai food without all the noodles.) with perhaps a half a bagel. Odd, I know. I also like yogurt and granola on climb days before leaving the car.

Wow, one would expect that Greg would rise 'n' shine with a big, rare, bacon cheeseburger. yellaf.gif

Anyway, DFA, too, is not a big morning eater, and has been known to roll out on a Clif Bar and a banana. A little bit of cereal or other small food item with soy milk (pick a flavor; vanilla's yummy) is good, too, since you can get a good shot of protein without bombing your stomach with a bunch of crap first thing.

in the morning, high alpine camp, you can't stand oatmeal, have some ramen! chop chunks of HCL.gif into it for more mmmmm goodness

or you can make rice pud. boilf milk powder, rice, water, and raisins until gluey. choke it down. high in sugar & carb, use whole milk pow for more fat & protein.

In the oven right now: experimental breakfast bars for the Duffey drive in eight hours:

Molasses

Olive Oil

Cocoa powder

sesame seeds (Flighty Twighty warns of the acid in most nuts confused.gif)

instant coffee

vanilla pudding (a last minute impulse)

as Stuey says," yes, well, I'll be crapping double for you tonight!" ooo.gif