Climbing Wall Construction

iceclimer

Would anyone here happen to know how to make the texture used on climbing walls like at Vertical World or Stone Gardens? I am building one in my garage and would like to do a nice texture job on it. I think I am on the right track by using a concrete patching epoxy to mix with the concrete, but I believe I have to treat the plywood before applying the mixture. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks!! bigdrink.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply. I have been to both of the web sites you linked before. I currently set routes for VW and am familiar with their set up. The link tells what they use, but not how to go about it and it lacks specifics. I'm sure they won't share the information as they sell the complete panels for an outrageous amount.

oh for them to get the features go with auto bondo. shape it. you might have to aplly a primer coat to the boards before the bondo adheres well. then just pain over it.

i know how to do autobody work.

that is what they use, my old friend came up with idear.....least that what he was spraying and he now works for a concrete model casting company out of bolder, co making indoor gyms and shit.

Go to a place called url=http://www.fiberlay.com/]Fiberlay[/url] and et yourself some polyester resin. You will have to play with the ratios but I'd think

1 part paint

20-40 parts sand

5 parts resin.

5 galon buck will run you about $90 so you should be able to make about 40 gallons of the stuff from one bucket.

Its used in boat building. bigdrink.gif