• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
North_by_Northwest

Australian cars rock!

Check out these cars from Australia:

1048355.jpg

This Holden "Rodeo" has a 2.8L Turbo Diesel. Great idea to put a fuel efficient low RPM high torque diesel in a pickup. I'd buy one if they were marketed in the states. If only Ford or Toyota would sell a compact Turbo Diesel pickup-use the diesel efficiency to get good mileage and decent power in a smaller truck. Makes sense for most offroad applications too.

Check out the cool car that Ford sells to Aussies: a five litre V8 Falcon! Why don't we get these? I heard we might get them soon, that would really change the import street racing scene. Fast as fuck I'll bet.

BA_XR8.jpg

Why don't we get these?

Cuz the steering wheel is on the right?

BTW, the Holdens that came out in the 1970s are way cooler.

When I visited Tasmania in '85, the cool redneck thing to do was put mondo huge tires on a suzuki 4wd and float the swamps and mudbogs.

'cause the american car buying public, by and large, is stupid. Europeans get much cooler models as well. We lost a bunch of cool japanese sports cars in the early 90s as well, because all the american public wanted was bigger, slower and less efficient vehicles.

North_by_Northwest said:

Check out the cool car that Ford sells to Aussies: a five litre V8 Falcon! Why don't we get these? I heard we might get them soon, that would really change the import street racing scene. Fast as fuck I'll bet.

We do get these. They're called Mustangs wink.gif

But seriously. They're actually cooler than mustangs. My cousin's got one and it's much more unassuming (besides the momo steering wheel) than a mustang. All ford midsize cars are some version of the Falcon in Australia. So they all look pretty similar but the one in question (XR8) does ckick considerably more ass!

I agree that a diesel compact pick-up would be very useful and thrifty (fuelwise). By the way, I believe Holden is owned by GM, so its just another case of big business keeping us down mad.gif Stupid public. If we knew that what we wanted (big fat underpowered trucks) wasn't so cool maybe we'd want something that was cool!

Aussies rockband.gif

yeah, I love the Holden brand name they got in Oz. I always think Caufield and wonder if I would really want a car that depressed confused.gif Now, I'd buy a Bruce Robertson instantly grin.gif

jordop said:

yeah, I love the Holden brand name they got in Oz. I always think Caufield and wonder if I would really want a car that depressed confused.gif Now, I'd buy a Bruce Robertson instantly grin.gif

hahahahaha

dumb!

By the way, I believe Holden is owned by GM, so its just another case of big business keeping us down

Yeah, I think so. Holden markets Opels (the Astra for instance) under their name. They also have a little SUV called the "Jackaroo" that looks suspiciously like a Chevy Tracker.

I'd trade them all for a V8 Interceptor, and a cattle dog named "dogmeat" of course.