Australian cars rock!

North_by_Northwest

Check out these cars from Australia:

1048355.jpg

This Holden "Rodeo" has a 2.8L Turbo Diesel. Great idea to put a fuel efficient low RPM high torque diesel in a pickup. I'd buy one if they were marketed in the states. If only Ford or Toyota would sell a compact Turbo Diesel pickup-use the diesel efficiency to get good mileage and decent power in a smaller truck. Makes sense for most offroad applications too.

Check out the cool car that Ford sells to Aussies: a five litre V8 Falcon! Why don't we get these? I heard we might get them soon, that would really change the import street racing scene. Fast as fuck I'll bet.

BA_XR8.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

'cause the american car buying public, by and large, is stupid. Europeans get much cooler models as well. We lost a bunch of cool japanese sports cars in the early 90s as well, because all the american public wanted was bigger, slower and less efficient vehicles.

North_by_Northwest said:

Check out the cool car that Ford sells to Aussies: a five litre V8 Falcon! Why don't we get these? I heard we might get them soon, that would really change the import street racing scene. Fast as fuck I'll bet.

We do get these. They're called Mustangs wink.gif

But seriously. They're actually cooler than mustangs. My cousin's got one and it's much more unassuming (besides the momo steering wheel) than a mustang. All ford midsize cars are some version of the Falcon in Australia. So they all look pretty similar but the one in question (XR8) does ckick considerably more ass!

I agree that a diesel compact pick-up would be very useful and thrifty (fuelwise). By the way, I believe Holden is owned by GM, so its just another case of big business keeping us down mad.gif Stupid public. If we knew that what we wanted (big fat underpowered trucks) wasn't so cool maybe we'd want something that was cool!

Aussies rockband.gif

By the way, I believe Holden is owned by GM, so its just another case of big business keeping us down

Yeah, I think so. Holden markets Opels (the Astra for instance) under their name. They also have a little SUV called the "Jackaroo" that looks suspiciously like a Chevy Tracker.

I'd trade them all for a V8 Interceptor, and a cattle dog named "dogmeat" of course.