PUP CLUB 3-4

Dave_Schuldt

Why is this thread called Pup Club anyways. I thought it was about Sierra and Chubnook getting it on in Timmy's garage while cc.eers stand around with beer and watch!

You are the winner!!!! The first one to notice I missspelled pub! Wonder what that says for the quality of my work at 6:30 in the morning!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave_Schuldt said:

It would be nice if we could get our shit together by noon for those who don't have 24/7 computer access. Eather D & H or Gradys are OK by me.

So what is the standard cut off time. Seems to me 4:20 is a bit late for the reasons Dave points out. Alpine K seems to like to let the poll run late into the afternoon. I saw the 'traditional procedure' posted earlier in this thread (or maybe another thread)....what's the chance it can be expounded on, refined, and reposted so all can be in the loop?

But wait! that might cut into the fun of the handfull of people who bat this thing back and forth endlessly everyweek!

I, for one, think it would be a good idea to develop a schedule a month in advance to eliminate this bitchin' (which, incidentally, likely turns many away from attending the PCs). Responsibility for developing the schedule could rotate between several 'committees', the members of which could be made up of the folks who attended the previous PCs most frequently (and heck, throw in a wild card position for fun.)

Who's responsible for maintaining the tradition of the process currently?

A little history lesson.

Back in the day, when this Pub Club thing was relatively new, we had a regular rotation, and the one time I argued that Tacoma was being skipped in the sequence, I was called a BIG, WHINEY BABY FOR FIGHTING OVER WHERE WE'RE GOING TO DRINK BEER!!!!!!

Almost two years later, there are multiple threads fighting days in advance and well into Tuesday afternoons.

MattP....sort it all out. Dave....get some help with your spelling because now we don't know whether to call you "Pube-Club Dave" or "Pup-Club David".

- Dwayner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

P.S. . I've been to a few of those pub things....they aren't all that fun and important to justify all the wrestling, are they?

It seems to me the pubclub thing has been working out OK lately, as folks have come to accept the uncertainty and the banter of it all, but I agree with Thinker that this DOES turn people away and some of those are people I'd like to meet. By having a weekly argument that frequently includes obnoxious rancor, we give the impression that the event itself will be equally distasteful and we discourage those who may be shy. It is funny to me that some who complain about the lack of "local legends" and the outnumbering of men to women don't seem to make the connection, but that is the way with the site as a whole: some of the spray and personal attacks turn people away and on balance they probably render the site less interesting than it could be -- but those who like to fling the shit are having too much fun amusing themselves to care very much. But PubClub is just an excuse to go out and drink beer.

I like meeting people, and I have made climbing partners out of many folks I have met at a Tuesday night pubclub, but it is probably not such an important event that it needs a tightly regulated schedule -- at least not all the time. We might have a more formal pubclub once in a while, though, and this could take place at a pub but if the goal was to be all-inclusive and meet new people it might be more successful to plan a potluck to be held at someone's house or at a picnic shelter like Julie Brugger's "climber's picnic" that used to take place in May or June each year (maybe it still does). Along with a general notice on this board, personal invitations could be extended and there would be no smoke concerns, no age limit, and those who just don't like to hang out in bars and drink or watch others drink would be more likely to attend.

This week, I vote for Dexer Hayes. The place was comfortable and it appears to me as if there is more interest there than Grady's . I'd vote for Grady's next week, though, but I'm only saying that I "would" do so. I don't want to get on Kurt's bad side for voting prematurely.

The Dexter and Hayes is in a stucco building (isn't it?) on the east side of Dexter Avenue North, on the side of Queen Anne Hill. If you don't see a likely looking group on the main floor, check the basement -- last time we moved downstairs about 8:30.

Recently, pubclub has started at about 7:30. If nobody is there, wait at least three minutes.

For info, click here to go to web page .

All you smoke wienies should go, because once the party gets moved into the basement, we will control our own destiny since only pub clubbers will be down there.

You will be able to discuss with the smokers why your rights to clean air supercede their rights to smoke. Most likely you will have the smokers outnumbered and since smokers have been consistently emasculated by societal trends (though not yet completely by the laws of the land), you will probably win. HCL.gif